Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Positive Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla75D_6.jpg Tesla75D_18.jpg Tesla75D_17.jpg Tesla75D_17_ig.jpg Tesla75D_20_ig.jpg Thanks for starting this thread @Jaciee ! As humans we generally tend to whine more than we compliment, so its great to read all the great stories of owners here.

I just got a 2016 75D and I couldn't be more happier. I'm a hard core auto enthusiast that loves a brawny V8 muscle car (I currently have one that I'm trying to sell now) that sounds amazing, so saying that the Model S is the best car I've ever had or driven is saying a lot for this gear head.

As Tesla owners, I think I can speak for everyone here - we never get tired of the instantaneous torque/throttle response, the silence of the car (which amplifies the speed even more as our brains don't get prepared for the speed that you would normally get in an ICE car, the downshift of gears, increased noise from the exhaust etc). Its almost as if our brains are hard wired to the wheels. You think you want to go fast and the car reacts immediately. Its as if your foot doesn't even exist. Its just incredible. Ofcourse we have the Tesla grin on permanently now. :)

No more gas stations (well not quite as we still have a gas car that we will pass on to my younger son when he starts driving and we don't want to spend any more money on replacing a car that does not get driven a lot any more but is still required for the odd time that both my wife and I have to out at the same time for whatever reason however few times those are).

My wife and I are both photography hobbyists and we've noticed that we started to deliberately look for places to go to shoot new landscapes/architecture (this was before we got the Tesla) and now with the Tesla we want to go out even more just to drive the Tesla. So its like having two hobbies! Driving a Tesla (I have to qualify that as its not just driving any other car) and photography.

Here are few pics of the car.

One thing I'm noticing about all the nice people in this thread ... is it just me or does it seem like we're all ... how to say nicely ... a bit more experienced than some? :) . Maybe that's also true of a lot of Model S vs Model 3 (or at least that's what I've been seeing on other sites like Reddit). Use more experienced folk seem to prefer the S.
Strange, I noticed the same thing

View attachment 435770 View attachment 435772 View attachment 435773 View attachment 435774 View attachment 435777 Thanks for starting this thread @Jaciee ! As humans we generally tend to whine more than we compliment, so its great to read all the great stories of owners here.

I just got a 2016 75D and I couldn't be more happier. I'm a hard core auto enthusiast that loves a brawny V8 muscle car (I currently have one that I'm trying to sell now) that sounds amazing, so saying that the Model S is the best car I've ever had or driven is saying a lot for this gear head.

As Tesla owners, I think I can speak for everyone here - we never get tired of the instantaneous torque/throttle response, the silence of the car (which amplifies the speed even more as our brains don't get prepared for the speed that you would normally get in an ICE car, the downshift of gears, increased noise from the exhaust etc). Its almost as if our brains are hard wired to the wheels. You think you want to go fast and the car reacts immediately. Its as if your foot doesn't even exist. Its just incredible. Ofcourse we have the Tesla grin on permanently now. :)

No more gas stations (well not quite as we still have a gas car that we will pass on to my younger son when he starts driving and we don't want to spend any more money on replacing a car that does not get driven a lot any more but is still required for the odd time that both my wife and I have to out at the same time for whatever reason however few times those are).

My wife and I are both photography hobbyists and we've noticed that we started to deliberately look for places to go to shoot new landscapes/architecture (this was before we got the Tesla) and now with the Tesla we want to go out even more just to drive the Tesla. So its like having two hobbies! Driving a Tesla (I have to qualify that as its not just driving any other car) and photography.

Here are few pics of the car.
Thank you for your story! I totally agree about the feeling that the mind is directly connected to the wheels. I can't recall what it's like to not have that connection!

I love your car and really love that pictures in front of that castle/cathedral! Totally need to get myself some pictures like that :)

Reactions: SilverGS
Mine is silver, which I prefer with my dark rims

I see you have the body-color roof too (which amazes some new Tesla owners). I'm not gonna use the "u" word (because it absolutely does not apply), but it's a slightly unusual combination, and I like it. Course that what I drive so... :D

Bruce.

PS. "2013 Model S75" (from your sig)? I'm pretty sure there weren't 75kWh packs in 2013...the only choices were 40, 60, and 85. If that's correct and not a typo, I'd love to hear the story on that. Car looks great in any case!

I see you have the solid-color roof too (which amazes some new Tesla owners). I'm not gonna use the "u" word (because it absolutely does not apply), but it's a slightly unusual combination, and I like it. Course that what I drive so... :D

Bruce.

PS. "2013 Model S75" (from your sig)? I'm pretty sure there weren't 75kWh packs in 2013...the only choices were 40, 60, and 85. If that's correct and not a typo, I'd love to hear the story on that. Car looks great in any case!
Tesla put a 75kwh battery and new drive unit in my S in 2017. I was told by tesla sc that the previous owner paid to have the battery upgraded. Mobile ranger looked back at the history and there wasnt anything in the record to show that the original pack had any issue . There is however a receipt for 18k that showed the battery purchase.

I like how the solid roof looks but I do like the panoramic roof on certain colors but I wasnt concerned about that when I was looking for my car.

Tesla put a 75kwh battery and new drive unit in my S in 2017. I was told by tesla sc that the previous owner paid to have the battery upgraded. Mobile ranger looked back at the history and there wasnt anything in the record to show that the original pack had any issue . There is however a receipt for 18k that showed the battery purchase.

That's very cool. I officially (hah!) grant you permission to use the "u" word in connection with your car.

I'm really not a car guy. Before I got my Model S I would never have dreamed I'd be filling my brain with all sorts of weird trivia like when different battery configurations were made, software features, and whatever.

Bruce.

That's very cool. I officially (hah!) grant you permission to use the "u" word in connection with your car.

I'm really not a car guy. Before I got my Model S I would never have dreamed I'd be filling my brain with all sorts of weird trivia like when different battery configurations were made, software features, and whatever.

Bruce.
I dont really consider it a "U" car but I have yet to see one with a 75kwh battery. The dealership that I bought it from had it listed as a 60 so I got it for a pretty decent price. :cool:

It looks fantastic! Not sure why I thought it was white. I want to get the black 21 inch Arachnids, but can't justify the cost right now.
I wanted the black arachnids but couldnt find any local for a decent price so when I was offered the staggered turbines I couldn't say no because the price was right. I would still take silver or black arachnids but I might just wait to get some until I buy a new S performance.

Reactions: SilverGS
I used to love coming to this Forum to read up on all the neat things people were doing and talking about in regards to their Tesla or future Tesla. Lately I've been considering why I'm even reading this forum anymore. I know this forum can't be filled with only complaints. I'm one of them. Sure I've only owned my Tesla Model S since July 2018, but I've had zero issues with Sparrow and love every single moment! Truly the best car I've personally ever owned and will never stop enjoying. I'm a woman in IT who really enjoys technology so maybe I'm more accepting of things than others. I know I can't be an outlier and others feel the same as I do. I would love to hear from those of you out there who are in the same boat as myself. If you have any stories, please share I would love to hear them!
I don't think you are an outlier at all. I love my 3, love autopilot, love everything about Tesla. Best cars ever made in my experience. And Tesla is playing a huge role in enabling restraint of climate change. Arguably the most important company in the world, Tesla's role in the endeavor to prevent atmospheric destabilization and ocean acidification (due to excessive burning of sequestered fossil fuels) cannot be easily be overstated.