Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C doesn’t work after service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Tesla Model S 90D 2015 in for service about a month ago to replace the battery fuse and a broken window. After the service was done and i went to pick up my car I instantly noticed a hissing sound from the A/C unit, but didn’t think much of it to begin with since i didn’t need the A/C at that time. Now that it’s gotten hotter outside and i actually need the A/C, it doesn’t work anymore. It blows out hot air, even with multiple times of powering off the car, etc.

My question is: Since this problem started after it was serviced by Tesla, should they cover the A/C repair? I got an estimated quote of 1000$, but i don’t know if it’s worth it to fight it. What should i do?

My question is: Since this problem started after it was serviced by Tesla, should they cover the A/C repair?
Just because it is after it, no. You would have to start with identifying the root issue, and then try to determine if that is something they likely could have caused.

But given that it has been a month, I would say it is likely unlikely they would entertain covering it.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0