Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.99% APR Financing Promotion (May 10 - May 31 2024)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forgot about that, but yeah that has happened to me too. I have had my credit frozen for years, and I dont apply for credit much. Whenever I do, invariably it gets declined, or, the vendor will get "declined, credit frozen) or something like that. I have to go in and do a temp unfreeze.
Yup! Happens to me every time I'm applying for credit (forgetting to unfreeze my credit)

On a side note, I have a 22 MYP 38k miles (Intel cpu, picked up on Dec 21) and I'm interested on replacing it with a 24 MYP. Trying to see if it's worth. This 0.99 man 😂

THANKS!
Yes - I forgot about those freezes. FIXED. Now, I can't find the entry channel for prequalification.
When you're on the Model Y page, click the 0.99 as I've attached, and scroll down when the tiny window opens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240512_154107_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240512_154107_Chrome.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 12
Doing the math: At current prevailing auto loan interest rates (about 6.5%) this incentive is worth approximately $9,000 if you finance $50k for 72 months.

For those keeping score, that’s roughly the same discount we’ve seen every quarter now for the past 2-3 quarters.

In other words - same is same. This is just a different flavor of discount trying to incentivize a different subset of fence sitters, but the bottom line hasn’t really changed.
LR costs $48k, which is the most popular. Take $7500 off for tax credit, and you need to put down $4500 cash. So your loan is really $36k + taxes & fees.

Many credit unions have 5% rate, some even has lower.

72 months wold be $5700 at 5% - $1100 at 0.99% = $4600 savings.

36 months wold be $2800 at 5% - $550 at 0.99% = $2250 savings.

These savings would be higher for performance and lower for FWD. Not as great as it seems.

• Informative
Reactions: El joe
Serious question - where? I’m looking to refinance a loan and the best I’ve found anywhere is 5.5%. Well, Navy Fed and USAA are lower but I don’t have a path to membership there. Tesla has been offering 6.5% through their partners for the past several months which is why I used that as the comparator.

These savings would be higher for performance and lower for FWD. Not as great as it seems.
Like I said originally - kinda well within the basic magnitude of discounts we’ve seen for a long time now - just packaging it a different way. And yes, there’s probably room for more.

Last edited:
Reactions: acpd
LR costs $48k, which is the most popular. Take $7500 off for tax credit, and you need to put down $4500 cash. So your loan is really $36k + taxes & fees.

72 months wold be $5700 at 5% - $1100 at 0.99% = $4600 savings.

36 months wold be $2800 at 5% - $550 at 0.99% = $2250 savings.

My rep said the federal tax incentive counts towards the down payment, so no need for an additional $4250. As an fyi, not trying to get in an interest rate debate as those highly vary.

Reactions: olsookie and acpd
Serious question - where? I’m looking to refinance a loan and the best I’ve found anywhere is 5.5%. Well, Navy Fed and USAA are lower but I don’t have a path to membership there. Tesla has been offering 6.5% through their partners for the past several months which is why I used that as the comparator.

Like I said originally - kinda well within the basic magnitude of discounts we’ve seen for a long time now - just packaging it a different way. And yes, there’s probably room for more.
Try this

I sold my Model 3 a year ago and went to a 2020 BMW M340i. Always have had BMWs....but I recently moved and my gas costs are a killer, like almost $300/month now and getting 30mpg. It's kind of crazy that for what I'm paying for a 2020 that I bought 1 year ago, I can now get a Model Y performance for the same amount of money per month with this discount and interest rate. Seriously thinking of going back and dumping my car. I bought my M3 because gas prices in 2021-2022 were hitting like $4+ per gallon..and recently more of the same. Honestly, the almost zero maintenance, and besides some quirks and the range lie they always pump...this is almost too good to pass up. They are stacked up on my 3 local Tesla dealer lots these cars...rofl.

Anyway...wow. Elon is once again making things great for a buyer with the tax credit and tanking his own company with his X posts.

Yup! Happens to me every time I'm applying for credit (forgetting to unfreeze my credit)

On a side note, I have a 22 MYP 38k miles (Intel cpu, picked up on Dec 21) and I'm interested on replacing it with a 24 MYP. Trying to see if it's worth. This 0.99 man 😂
And give up USS and lower range in today’s specs?

If anything I’d wait for Juniper MYP and at least have an upgraded version.

I have a July 22’ MYP and not enough diff to justify a change to 2024.

Reactions: cvincent
And give up USS and lower range in today’s specs?

If anything I’d wait for Juniper MYP and at least have an upgraded version.

I have a July 22’ MYP and not enough diff to justify a change to 2024.
Yeah I kinda knew the correct answer haha. I am originally waiting for Juniper to begin with.

My wife has a 23 MYLR and not having USS sucks. The only thing I'm envious of is the CPU - her infotainment/camera/sentry responds so, so much faster.

Reactions: olsookie
Yeah I kinda knew the correct answer haha. I am originally waiting for Juniper to begin with.

My wife has a 23 MYLR and not having USS sucks. The only thing I'm envious of is the CPU - her infotainment/camera/sentry responds so, so much faster.
Ok that I’ll admit is better. I have a 22’ early Jan M3LR and it’s like a 3G mobile connection speeds now vs LTE in the MYP.

Is there some cache they can purge or something? Or it’s just been layer after layer of updates causing the slow down? It wasn’t always this slow first 6-12 months.

I reserved an R2, but then this popped up and the SO asked why was I not jumping on the deal ;) So I've ordered a LR RWD Y and waiting to see how long the delivery will be on it. I'm hoping the new Y features live up to what I've heard.. better ride, cooled seats etc. Not interested in Juniper if they pull the stalks out like they did on the new M3s. I may just pass on the R2.. This is will be Tesla number 3.. two M3s for now.

I reserved an R2, but then this popped up and the SO asked why was I not jumping on the deal ;) So I've ordered a LR RWD Y and waiting to see how long the delivery will be on it. I'm hoping the new Y features live up to what I've heard.. better ride, cooled seats etc. Not interested in Juniper if they pull the stalks out like they did on the new M3s. I may just pass on the R2.. This is will be Tesla number 3.. two M3s for now.

Im a bit confused by your post. New model Ys dont have cooled seats (thats currently in model 3 highland), and its not going to take "until juniper" to take delivery of your LR RWD model Y. In fact, in order for you to get this interest rate, you need to take delivery before the end of this month (may).

Question for you guys. I currently drive a ‘21 M3P and I am interested in this promotion. I live in Texas and the sales tax and fees total around $3827. It tells me that I have to at least pay this in the down payment section.

What I am wondering, is this the only down payment that I am required to pay? I do qualify for the tax credit as well. In ‘21, I put money down then had to pay the $3K for registration. Thanks for any feedback.

Im a bit confused by your post. New model Ys dont have cooled seats (thats currently in model 3 highland), and its not going to take "until juniper" to take delivery of your LR RWD model Y. In fact, in order for you to get this interest rate, you need to take delivery before the end of this month (may).
Yeah.. I found out about the seats. Bummer.. The impression I had was you had to "order" by the 30th.. not take delivery. When I went through the process, it didn't bark about it.. I should probably go back and review it..

Reactions: olsookie
Here is what the site says "Valid on Model Y orders placed between May 10 to May 31, 2024 for well qualified customers" Orders.. not delivery

From the Tesla Rep I just talked to
Hi Michael, this is Von from Tesla. As of May 10th, Model Y finance orders are eligible for a loan rate of 0.99% APR for well qualified buyers. Order by May 31, 2024 to be eligible.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: El joe
While I get the USS, the range isn’t actually lower, just displayed more accurately.
Agreed. At100% I still show 464km range and brand new it was 488km. This at 2yrs and 81k driven. 5% loss of range over 2 yrs.

Given my wh/km, city wise I usually get around 85% of this consistently assuming ext temp of 15-18c. (395km real world).
Temp above 20c and slightly better. Below 15c and efficiency starts to drop. Under 10c and I’m at best 70% efficient.

The new Y rated at 459km brand new. Take out 5% for 2yrs worth of driving…435km.
Assuming maybe 90% efficiency as it’s closer to actual real world? Let’s say then 391km real range.

385 to 391 assuming above.
You may be correct if assumption is valid that the estimated range was initially bogus.

Anyone have some hard data on a new 24’ MYP over the last few months? Avg eh/km or mile? (Same 21” Uber rims and AS tires)