Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90% charged - in app range estimate

M3 AWD Long Range range estimate in app when 90% charged?

• <400km

• 400-410km

• 410-420km

• 420-430km

• 430-440km

• 440-450km

• 450-460km

• 460-470km

• 470-480km

• 480-490km

• 490-500km

• >500km

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious what the spread is on the range estimates (the on provided in the app) when 90% charged :)
This is for M3 AWD long range ONLY. Kindly be courteous and not polute thread and poll with estimates from other versions.
If your car is in miles then simply convert to kilometers.

Curious what the spread is on the range estimates (the on provided in the app) when 90% charged :)
This is for M3 AWD long range ONLY. Kindly be courteous and not polute thread and poll with estimates from other versions.
If your car is in miles then simply convert to kilometers.

Sadly, you will also need to separate out 2020 from 2019/2018 in order to get good data...since they have a different constant...

Also, to clarify, do you mean the 100% range estimate when charged to 90%? Or the value displayed at 90%?

Sadly, you will also need to separate out 2020 from 2019/2018 in order to get good data...since they have a different constant...

Also, to clarify, do you mean the 100% range estimate when charged to 90%? Or the value displayed at 90%?
The point of the poll is actually to understand the spread for a given model - so ok for me that there are different conditions, age, battery wear, configurations, etc

I mean the value displayed in the app when 90% charged!

Also, please choose the higher range if your estimate hits the boundary e.g. 440km should be reported in the 440-450km range (apologies for not thinking of this when writing the poll).

Would be happy to learn about the constant. Is that the number which Tesla use to calculate/display the estimated range? I.e. for cars that have same constant and battery size they would always display the exact same estimated range when 90% charged??

The point of the poll is actually to understand the spread for a given model - so ok for me that there are different conditions, age, battery wear, configurations, etc

Seems reasonable. Also probably slightly different battery chemistry, maybe. Just understand that there are 2019 cars with 279mi @ 90% and 2020 cars with 284rmi @ 90% (or 88%), of very similar age, and they probably have exactly the same energy available.

Is that the number which Tesla use to calculate/display the estimated range? I.e. for cars that have same constant and battery size they would always display the exact same estimated range when 90% charged??

Vehicles with same constant and same remaining energy (and range for a given trip) will display the same rated range at 90%.

Vehicles with the same available energy (and range for a given trip), with a different constant, will display different rated range.

If you take a 2020 vehicle showing 284 rated miles range remaining, and a 2019 vehicle showing 279 rated miles remaining, and you look at the Energy Consumption screen, and set the cars up so they have identical recent efficiencies, they will show the same projected range.

Last edited:
IMO I think looking at miles causes too much anxiety. I've had my M3P for 2 months and 3,000 miles, I just leave it on %age and enjoy the car. I've done 4 long trips, charged it when I need to and not given it much thought apart from planning the charge stops.