Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$9,300 off inventory Model S 75D - end of Q3 firesale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Off the main topic, but here is a "short" list (LOL) of what I bought/did...
- Blackvue 650 camera

I got a regular dashcam and it works well. Blackvue maybe in the future but is there any good tutorial to installing it yourself. I don't want to pay to get it install when I can do it myself.

- Chrome delete (wrapped, then removed and painted)
Not sure what this is. Doesn't sound too costly but sounds labor intensive.

- Nano-fusion film from A pillar forward and some spots around the back end
I wrapped the whole car using xpel.

- Opti-coat on the exterior, interior, and glass
Opticoat recommended on windshield? I thought it makes the wiper blades wear out faster or it does not work. Or something like that.

- Ceramic tint
Tint is nice but I think I will save the money. : )

- Abstract ocean replacement light set 13+4
Is this the LED lights replacements so the trunk and frunk area are better lit?

- Rear trunk cargo holder
No sure what this is but probably going to save money on it.

- Glass screen protector on the two screens (hydrophobic and oleophobic)
Is both needed? I only got it for the big center screen because you have to press it often and might scratch or wear out the touchscreen. But the dash screen? The worst thing is when you clean it. But I use a swifter to get the dust.

- Supplies to hand wash the car (bucket, microfibers, optimum)

I am picking up the window cleaning solution. It really helps on road trips.

- Cable manager for the wall
- Adapter set for roadtrips
So far, I have yet the need for adapter. And since I don't use the portable or wall charger I don't need the cable manager.

- Twin mattress

Where do you keep this? Or is it one of those inflatable one? I plan to sleep out of the car when the seats are folded down.

- T-Sportline rims
- T-Sportline spoiler
- Upgraded pedals
Nice upgrades. Too expensive for me right now. Maybe in the future. Haha

- All weather floor mats
Definitely recommend! It makes cleaning easier and is cleaner overall

Reactions: DÆrik
Just want to complete my entry here. I picked up my showroom S75D at the Mt Kisco SC last Th at about 4:30--didn't want to wait until the last minute or anything. The place was a madhouse, with flatbeds constantly offloading vehicles being shipped in from other location; many customers in various states of receiving their cars; DS flying from customer to customer; and the Tesla folks generally hopping around like chickens with their heads cut off.

That said, I fully expected this and just got into the spirit. Even when they had the lease term wrong and it took an hour for the bank to respond with the corrected document, I used the time to inspect the car closely and RTFM. Since it had been detailed, I was able to see very small indications that it had been a showroom model. There were a few minor scratches/scuffs in the exterior finish. which you could only see by looked extremely closely Given that i was getting about $15K off a car that had only been driven from the Paramus store to Mt Kisco, I thought this a good trade; my only concern was that I wouldn't be charged for them on turn-in, which they assured me would not happen. Also I notice that there were fingerprints in the Alcantara along the dash, which were not easily removed by light brushing. So I used the time to research the cleaning/treatment of Alcantara here and elsewhere on the web. I saw just about every conceivable color of the X in cars being prepped, including a red, which I have not seen before.

In all it took over two hours. The atmosphere reminded me most of standing in line to get early versions of the iPhone. Kind of a communal geek insider vibe. Yes, it was trying and I didn't even get a swag bag. But I will happily go thru this process again for a showroom X at comparable discount should they run such a sale in the future. $7500/hr of savings was well worth it.