Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8x17 et45 2004-2006 Acura TL wheels fit M3RWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realized I’ve got four (cheap) 2004-2006 Acura TL wheels that I no longer want to use on the 2007 Honda Pilot (bc I went back to stock 16”), and the bolt pattern and bore is an exact match, 5x114.3 with 64.1 mm Center bore. They are one inch too small AND 5 mm to far in with the et45, but I figure I will try them out anyway. I plan to take the huge tires off the wheels which are the correct size for a third vehicle that will soon need tires, but would like to find out if these will fit without having to do so. The tires are 245/64/17, and really might not fit in the wheel well of the M3. Unfortunately the wheels and tires are about 45 minutes away on a farm. I could drive the Tesla there for a test fit, but only if the tire will fit in the wheel well for the test fit. If not, I will have to remove a tire first. At that point, I’m probably bringing them all home with my truck though. Maybe I could fit one in the trunk of the Tesla to just strip one tire.

Anyway, if anyone already knows if these wheels fit, it might save me some trouble. Otherwise, I will document it here.

Why would I put these on? I’m looking for a cheap spare and maybe some tires I can burn up having some fun with the car (while I’ve got my 6 months of free supercharging). I don’t want to burn up the brand new tires on the stock 18” because it’s just wasteful, as if it’s not wasteful enough to burn up the electricity required for that type of nonsense.

9D2A4C41-429E-47DA-93E9-C034A8ABF426.jpeg