Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone try other manufacturers wheels on their MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
been looking for some second hand wheels, mainly for long road trips. I've widened my search for our specific bolt pattern and found some wheels that the offset is off by a few mm. Has anyone here tried bolting on other manufacturers wheels with any success? and if so which ones?

Came across some 18" titan wheels with same bolt pattern. If i compare dimensions off martian wheels website for their model y 18" wheels, the titans have a +40 offset vise a +35 and a bore of 66.1. My only concern would be if the would fit over the brakes. Oh, and the tires are a 245/40

Last edited:
Do some searches on the forum. There are a ton of people running different sizes of rims, offsets, tires etc. Biggest thing I can say as a newbie to Tesla myself - weight! It's not like the old days where you can just pick up some used rims and throw them on. The Tesla's are heavy, so its a safety issue if you wheel can't support the weight of the car properly. Just my 2 cents. I don't think you'll get many replies as there are so many posts that cover different rims, rubber and related offsets and sizes etc. Good luck with your choice

play around there a little, do some measuring on the car and you'll figure out if you can make it work or not. Like @BC_LR said, be aware of the load rating of the wheels, you don't want any of your cars parts to fail under load while going highway speeds, especially not the rims.

But to be honest, don't cheap out, theres tons of aftermarket options availabe made to fit your car, just go with that if you want to be on the safe side.

Edit: oh and these Titan Wheels you mentioned, the tire size is too small.

Reactions: BC-LR