Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85kWh battery being phased out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Humm i am curious to see other 90D data point to verify. But it can make sense. The new chemistry might have more capacity but the trade off is slower charging rate. We will have to see. I hope this is not going to be the trend once 150Kw or higher charging standard comes out i dont want to be limited my my battery.

85kwh Discontinued

Just saw the 85 kwh battery was discontinued. I have an 85D ordered already. How will this affect it - it is scheduled for production. Will I get the 90 or get one of the last 85's? If the latter, I am going to feel like I'm getting screwed. (unless they raised the price by 3k).

Just saw the 85 kwh battery was discontinued. I have an 85D ordered already. How will this affect it - it is scheduled for production. Will I get the 90 or get one of the last 85's? If the latter, I am going to feel like I'm getting screwed. (unless they raised the price by 3k).
There are several other threads already on this. You will get the 85, but if you call now, they may upgrade you to the 90. It will cost you the extra $3,000 though.

I'm not sure if I get their business model. Wouldn't this have been a good opportunity to get those on the fence? Something to the effect of: "The 85s are being phased out effective 2/8/16. Preorder now to lock in your price".