Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I suspected before but another member showed a message from Tesla stating it's a global database accessible in any country and that all countries have the same info. Who knows.
I'm sure the database is a single database, accessible globally.
But I suspect Tesla head office is approving cars (within that database) in blocks, by country.

Looks like you're on to something there- http://firmware.teslafi.com/uncorked.php

It appears non D models are P1 for non performance and P2 for performance. And D models are P3 for non performance and P1 for performance. At least that's what it looks like to me.

Would be interesting looking back at the data to see when/if the Performance flag changed for a given Car (would indicate the date of uncorking and help validate this theory).

Looks like you're on to something there- http://firmware.teslafi.com/uncorked.php

It appears non D models are P1 for non performance and P2 for performance. And D models are P3 for non performance and P1 for performance. At least that's what it looks like to me.

I found the perf_config=P3 in my corked api output. Getting uncorked today and will confirm it changes to P1.

Reactions: appleguru
I upgraded to the 75D yesterday around noon. Today I called to make an appointment to have it uncorked. They told me there was no bulletin for the uncorking for my car. Do I just have to wait until it goes to the service center's system before they see it?

I've only seen one 75D with a NO on the tracker and it was updated the day prior to asking too.

I upgraded to the 75D yesterday around noon. Today I called to make an appointment to have it uncorked. They told me there was no bulletin for the uncorking for my car. Do I just have to wait until it goes to the service center's system before they see it?

I've only seen one 75D with a NO on the tracker and it was updated the day prior to asking too.
lets hope both you and that other guy get the performance update.....it would be strange not to. Some guys did both at same time and got confirmations of being eligible before unlocking..so my guess is email them so you can get in writing

I'm so happy with my Tesla right now. It's scary fast now, and I've noticed that the "throttle" is more responsive and beefier. The car jumps with just a half tab of the throttle. I really thought that when I sold my C5 Corvette 6 years ago, that I won't have a faster car than that one, but now my Tesla is officially the fastest car that I've ever own, which is unbelievable. Thank you Tesla!

Reactions: Proxlamus
Post Uncorking Advice To Newcomers

When you see this...

upload_2017-10-27_11-52-48.png

Click on the Yellow parts of this...

upload_2017-10-27_11-53-17.png

I'm at the Toronto SC right now getting the upgrade. The tech spoke to me for quite a bit. Here are the takeaways:

- The process is fairly manual. He had to actually have his laptop in the car. He said there's a lot of "change a setting manually, reboot, change another setting, reboot, download a file, reboot, set some parameters, reboot. Download new firmware, reboot"
- He said there is a new firmware version just like the regular ones we get, but the settings they change get picked up by a new firmware to drive the different behavior. I'll see what version they install as I was on 17.42.a88c8d5 when I rolled in.
- He said that they are normally doing firmware updates in batches of 10000 at a time now when there are new updates.
- He said there is no actual physical hardware change at all. I asked about fuses and connectors and he said no. It's because of the manual steps that we need to bring it in (or have a rover do it)

He seemed pretty knowledgeable, so I think I believe most of what he said. And he's the one actually doing the work on the car right now.

I got a glimpse of the WARP system. It automatically knew when I got there and they knew who I was before I introduced myself. The system popped me up on the screen when I arrived. Pretty slick.

The update is described as "difficulty level: Ludicrous". This is a reference back to John's comments about the various classifications of level of service from his europe video.

That's all for now, will post more if I learn anything else.

I'm at the Toronto SC right now getting the upgrade. The tech spoke to me for quite a bit. Here are the takeaways:

- The process is fairly manual. He had to actually have his laptop in the car. He said there's a lot of "change a setting manually, reboot, change another setting, reboot, download a file, reboot, set some parameters, reboot. Download new firmware, reboot"
- He said there is a new firmware version just like the regular ones we get, but the settings they change get picked up by a new firmware to drive the different behavior. I'll see what version they install as I was on 17.42.a88c8d5 when I rolled in.
- He said that they are normally doing firmware updates in batches of 10000 at a time now when there are new updates.
- He said there is no actual physical hardware change at all. I asked about fuses and connectors and he said no. It's because of the manual steps that we need to bring it in (or have a rover do it)

He seemed pretty knowledgeable, so I think I believe most of what he said. And he's the one actually doing the work on the car right now.

I got a glimpse of the WARP system. It automatically knew when I got there and they knew who I was before I introduced myself. The system popped me up on the screen when I arrived. Pretty slick.

The update is described as "difficulty level: Ludicrous". This is a reference back to John's comments about the various classifications of level of service from his europe video.

Great info! Did he tell anything about a geographical rollout as well? Specifically regarding Europe?

Did he happen to mention whether or not RWD models would eventually be eligible for this upgrade as well?

Reactions: MIT_S60
Post-uncork update: Holy crap this is like a new car! Didn’t have an opportunity to do the 0-60 run on the way home but you can totally easily tell the difference. Way more responsive. I pushed it a bit just from a stop sign (but not anywhere close to up to 60) and felt a bit sick to my stomach because of the force. The front of the car much more visibly raises up as the weight shifts to the rear upon launch. Not exaggerating. It’s a huge difference! It’s amazing to think this was all just waiting for us to unleash under the covers.

Although the tech, my app, and the car all indicated a new firmware level was installed, it reports as the same version as before. So I think it’s more of a “reapply the firmware after changing some lower level settings” so that the firmware installation picks those up. I liken it sort of to the old BIOS settings on a PC.

I will take a look at my API info output and compare tonight to confirm if that one parameter changes.

Overall, a fantastic experience with Tesla today. Proud to be an owner. And man will this goodwill really go a long way in me advocating and recommending the brand to others.

lets hope both you and that other guy get the performance update.....it would be strange not to. Some guys did both at same time and got confirmations of being eligible before unlocking..so my guess is email them so you can get in writing
They called me back today saying their system didn't show it but it now does...they weren't looking in the right place. That's why.

Post Uncorking Advice To Newcomers

When you see this...

View attachment 256489

Click on the Yellow parts of this...

View attachment 256490

Totally agree. While it doesn’t affect me, it’s important everyone does this.

It’s one thing to complain and another to put in an effort to show appreciation when possible. Especially for a cool upgrade like this uncorking. The more we show thanks, the more cool stuff may happen.

Reactions: avesraggiana
Ok so I just came back from my SC and was told that I did need to upgrade to 75D from 70D and if for what ever reason they were not able to they would refund me the money. So I just pulled the trigger and paid the $500 plus tax ($536) on My.Tesla and we will see what happens tomorrow (they were closing so they gave me a loaner and will call me tomorrow) which btw I got a P100D for a loaner... Super happy! Yes I tested out ludicrous. Yes it's awesome. Yes using Max Battery Power and waiting the stupid 20 min makes a difference. Plus for those of you who have never done it, new info pops up on your dash when it's ready. Granted this P100D might be spoiling me to not enjoy the uncorking as much but thats ok :p

Reactions: appleguru