Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D confusion...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What extras come as standard? Keep reading places that it's the most featured Tesla that comes as standard. I want to get one with the HiFi pack and next gen seats. Would that make it a pretty full featured Tesla?

Range isnt a huge issue so I would rather have a more decked out 70D than a standard 85.

go to teslamotors.com and configure the car. pretty easy.

What extras come as standard? Keep reading places that it's the most featured Tesla that comes as standard. I want to get one with the HiFi pack and next gen seats. Would that make it a pretty full featured Tesla?

Range isnt a huge issue so I would rather have a more decked out 70D than a standard 85.

My brother and I will get our 70d's at the end of December :biggrin:
As business owners we're looking at our Model S's as the same quality and performance as BMW M5's with lower running costs and a BIK of £70 a month compared to £550'a month
£55,000'for the basic car but then I've added £13,000 of options :scared: hopefully by December the Stockport service and delivery centre will be open so we don't have to go all the way to Birmingham :wink::wink:

From what has been seen, same motors on 70D & 85D, just limits on power to them for efficiency - thus reducing the 0-60 time, etc. The 70D is still more than fast compared to most cars on the road.

The 85D/70D have the same motors, but due to the lower cell count in the 70 the voltage is lower, and thus the power to the motors is reduced.

All cars have the same front motor, and the base 70D/85D have the same size motor in the rear as in the front (with a different final drive ratio), only the P models have a larger motor, so there is only 1 type of front drive unit (motor + inverter), and 2 types of rear drive unit. All else is just software.