Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4-5% discharges a day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if I leave my new 2022 Plaid in the driveway for 2-3 days without driving it, my state of charge is slowly reducing each day by 4-5%
I don't have sentry mode activated, what could be the issue?
I also have a model X and it never loses charge on a daily basis.

Scheduled Departure is set but the car is not plugged into the charger. i left it with 85% SOC 2 days ago and today the car is at 76%, not moving at all.

That could very well be the root cause if your car is set to precondition the battery+cabin for your scheduled departure time every day.

Scheduled Departure can be an enormous energy hog, particularly when temperatures are cold. Last winter I did a test with an unplugged Model 3 LR left out in the cold and I found that Scheduled Departure used 10% of the battery per day to preheat the battery and cabin. In more moderate temperatures (like you might be seeing this time of year in San Jose), 4-5% per day seems very believable.

That could very well be the root cause if your car is set to precondition the battery+cabin for your scheduled departure time every day.

Scheduled Departure can be an enormous energy hog, particularly when temperatures are cold. Last winter I did a test with an unplugged Model 3 LR left out in the cold and I found that Scheduled Departure used 10% of the battery per day to preheat the battery and cabin. In more moderate temperatures (like you might be seeing this time of year in San Jose), 4-5% per day seems very believable.
It was not set to precondition the battery.
I switched it to schedule charging , I will report back in 24h

So under "Scheduled Departure" you only had “Off-Peak Charging” toggled on and not “Preconditioning”? (Just wanted to make sure if case there might be some confusion surrounding the fact that "Preconditioning" applies to both the battery AND the cabin temperature.)

E51D4106-8E1F-4BCE-80B5-59913E0ED325.jpeg

If that's the case, then I'm out of good ideas to explain the 4-5% battery loss per day. :confused:

if I leave my new 2022 Plaid in the driveway for 2-3 days without driving it, my state of charge is slowly reducing each day by 4-5%
I don't have sentry mode activated, what could be the issue?
I also have a model X and it never loses charge on a daily basis.
I loose 1-2% daily on my Plaid unplugged in garage at 65’. Are you in a cold weather climate?

I switched it to schedule charging , I will report back in 24h
Scheduled Charging/Scheduled Departure don't affect usage at all. It's just that the former schedules the car to start charging at a specific time (and it ends whenever it ends) while the latter has the car calculate when it should finish and then it starts whenever it needs to start in order to finish at that time. Scheduled Charging does have a Preconditioning option which would cause usage to increase while parked but that isn't turned on by default.