Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Carbon Fiber wrap interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not like the "real" factory carbon fiber dash panels serve any functional purposes. The carbon fiber panels are purely for looks and although the factory pieces might be "real" carbon fiber - it's still a fake application usage of this weight saving/structural material. It's for looks and there's nothing wrong with that.

So, I really think it's a moot point. It's silly to be able to say... OOOoooh. I have "real" carbon fiber panels that really serve no purpose other than aesthetics.

The vast majority of these CF add-ons are purely for looks. If you want valid "real" carbon fiber then look at the i series BMWs or other cars that actually have body panels made in CF.

Imagine if Tesla offered a dashboard with a hundred diamonds inset in it. Then someone buy the car without an upgraded dash, and cut holes and stick cubic zirconium "glass" stones in them to look just like the factory diamond dashboard. One is real and one is a cheap applique. Do what you want, it's your car. But real is real, and fake is fake, regardless whether its functional or aesthetic.

Imagine if Tesla offered a dashboard with a hundred diamonds inset in it. Then someone buy the car without an upgraded dash, and cut holes and stick cubic zirconium "glass" stones in them to look just like the factory diamond dashboard. One is real and one is a cheap applique. Do what you want, it's your car. But real is real, and fake is fake, regardless whether its functional or aesthetic.

I liken it to my views on breast implants. If I can touch them, they are real. So if the purpose served is to look/feel like carbon fiber (and the implementation is clean), then it really doesn't matter to the driver nor the passenger. And to the passenger even less.