Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd and 3rd Row Seating Space in Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a recent interior photo posted on this forum from the SigX configuration page. Moving the brightness and contrast shows the 2nd row shaft and 3rd row base in better detail.
tmx.jpg

So if the second row only slides forward and the third row folds down, and assuming a bolster to level any space in between, how tall a person could comfortably stretchout back there?

Not very tall. The floorspace is not significantly different from the Model S, since its built on the same platform. The MS is tall enough with the seat folded, but the space would only be in the 4 foot range with the seat still up.

But that is making the assumption that the seat can't be configured into a flat cargo space, which I believe it can. The 2nd row seat, IMHO, will slide all the way back, then tilt forward such that the back of the seat is flush with the back of the 3rd row seat back when it is folded down. I think the back of the 2nd row seat is carpeted, and the whole thing tilts, seat and all, to a forward flat surface.

I think the length of the space will be the same as the MS, but the width will be greater since the whole floor will be flush with the tops of the wheel wells.

Not very tall. The floorspace is not significantly different from the Model S, since its built on the same platform. The MS is tall enough with the seat folded, but the space would only be in the 4 foot range with the seat still up.

But that is making the assumption that the seat can't be configured into a flat cargo space, which I believe it can. The 2nd row seat, IMHO, will slide all the way back, then tilt forward such that the back of the seat is flush with the back of the 3rd row seat back when it is folded down. I think the back of the 2nd row seat is carpeted, and the whole thing tilts, seat and all, to a forward flat surface.

I think the length of the space will be the same as the MS, but the width will be greater since the whole floor will be flush with the tops of the wheel wells.
I think you're right.

I also think the second row will recline by tilting the whole unit back using the "seat" control on the side.

I'm guessing that the second row rotates counterclockwise 90 degrees, drops flush with the floor and goes forward so the underside of the bottom of the seat is flush with the front seat. The rear seat could then roll forward and flatten out making the bottom of the rear seat and the back of the rear seat flush with the floor.

Remarked in an earlier thread that I'm hoping for an SUV, not a Mini-Van. Don't need a tiny school bus.

I have a big ol' Lexus LX-470 SUV with 350K miles that I hope to retire with the MX. It's 3rd row seats flip up to the side and stow or easily remove. The second row seats flip flat and can then flip vertical against the back of the front seats, leaving the floor big and flat. Couldn't Tesla innovate something like that?