Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24 AMPS Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is 24 Amps the maximum you can charge the TMX? I use street charging with 22 KVA and 50 KVA and the maximum i can select on the car is 24 AMPS...what a waste to be connected to a 50KVA and use the same charge rate as on the 22 KVA...
I would also love to be able to select the charging amps on the mobile app. Sometimes at home plugs (220V) i want to lower (or raise) the amps due to other home equipments being used and am unable to do so remotely.

It's 24 amps on each of three phases in Europe, for a total of 16.5 kW.

50 kVA chargers and above are usually DC chargers, and those don't have those limitations. In Europe you'll need the CCS2 Combo 2 adapter for third party chargers, and obviously nothing for Tesla Superchargers.

It's 24 amps on each of three phases in Europe, for a total of 16.5 kW.

50 kVA chargers and above are usually DC chargers, and those don't have those limitations. In Europe you'll need the CCS2 Combo 2 adapter for third party chargers, and obviously nothing for Tesla Superchargers.

Nice, perfect explanation, i did not know it worked like that... Thanks!

I'll have to add that for 16.5kW AC charging you'll need a Type 2 EVSE that supports it (such as the Tesla Wall Connector). And a beefy one at that, since there are 16A*3*240V EVSEs that can only supply 11kW.

The new Gen 2 mobile connector that you get with a new Model X is a one phase 32A 240V unit (which can supply power to all on-board chargers on the same phase) limited to 7.6kW *if* you get the extra 32A CEE plug adapter (by default it only comes with a 2.3-3kW "wall outlet"' adapter for your country, plus a 16A CEE blue "camper" plug for 3.7kW.)

In the past the Model X and Model S were supplied with a Gen 1 corded UMC (now rechristened CMC and for sale at Service Centers) that also supported 3 phase 16A (for 11kW) through a red five pin CEE plug.

• Informative
Reactions: brgloria