Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024; Tesla's Tipping Point?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why? That's not really Ford's way.

Ford will probably change it in the future by making it bigger. Ford has never kept a vehicle at the same size after a refresh. Number of cases available, current easy one the Ranger, which has grown so big that it's replaced with the Maverick at the bottom, which I believe is still bigger than the original Ranger.
Defending the Ford Mach e is the operational definition of a heavy lift. Those with any questions about that should see Sandy Munro's tear down of this vehicle to understand what's really wrong with it. Because clearly many on the Forum here do not seem to be aware of this information. And by the way he didn't trash it, he just said that there were a lot of serious and puzzling design issues, not remotely what he thought about its competition in the Model Y, where the word 'brilliant' was used over and over.

Defending the Ford Mach e is the operational definition of a heavy lift. Please do see Sandy Munro's tear down of this vehicle to understand what's really wrong with it. Because clearly you do not seem to be aware of this information. And by the way he didn't trash it, he just said that there were a lot of serious and puzzling design issues, not remotely what he thought about its competition in the Model Y.

So we need to go look at a Tesla Mouthpiece video to understand what’s wrong with the competition EV?

Hilarious….

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Get the Mountain Pass Comfort adjustable coilover kit. It literally transforms the early cars. See reviews under numerous threads. Then spring for lightweight forged wheels to drop unsprung weight off the suspension. Also transformative. Those two combined will literally make your car feel like a different car. There are also many threads about noise and increasing road isolation. We've done a lot of stuff to both our 2018 performance model 3s that have resulted in a much quieter and much better riding car.

Agree this was the single largest issue with the car but I still wouldn't trade this car's performance and 1g+ skidpad grip for the crappy mushy Mustang particularly when you throw in it's charging experience. And by the way the model Highland is the smoothest driving car of any kind electric or internal combustion I've ever driven smoother than some Mercedes.

So you tell someone to spend a couple Thousand dollars to upgrade their suspension on a Tesla and then proceed to trash the stock suspension of the competitor like they can’t also spend a couple of thousand to upgrade their suspension?

Hilarious

So you tell someone to spend a couple Thousand dollars to upgrade their suspension on a Tesla and then proceed to trash the stock suspension of the competitor like they can’t also spend a couple of thousand to upgrade their suspension?

Hilarious
yep it's just hilarious how the aftermarket Community is taken to the Tesla Model 3 like a duck to water. Try to find a kit comparable to Mountain Pass on the Ford product. You won't find it. Obviously you've got a big ax to grind about your car why don't you just sell it and buy something else? Instead of all the non-stop negativity on a forum. Of course negative comments on forums don't ever fix real problems so why don't you do something to fix the problem? Sell your car and buy a Ford! Seems like an obvious solution to me rather than what you're doing. The Mach e is being massively discounted so seems like an opportune moment for such a switch. And then you can come back and tell us how much better your Ford is then your Tesla. Kill two birds with one stone?

Last edited:
So we need to go look at a Tesla Mouthpiece video to understand what’s wrong with the competition EV?

Hilarious….
So why have Mach E sales been so dismal, and getting worse, so bad they are having to discount them to get rid of them? Our local Ford dealer has 42 Mach E's in inventory, all discounted substantially. Are you the Ford EV mouthpiece?

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt

Hilarious….
That's a clueless statement about Sandy Munro, given that he's torn down a dozen manufacturers electric vehicles - sometimes when you work so hard to discredit good people you actually just end up discrediting yourself. Tesla and their various cars are all far from perfect. But holding up Ford as a paragon of Automotive virtue is a puzzler. Like I said, please exercise your rights in the free market and go buy one. Much preferable to and much more constructive than what you're doing.

Last edited:
yep it's just hilarious how the aftermarket Community is taken to the Tesla Model 3 like a duck to water. Try to find a kit comparable to Mountain Pass on the Ford product. You won't find it. Obviously you've got a big ax to grind about your car why don't you just sell it and buy something else? Instead of all the non-stop negativity on a forum. Of course negative comments on forums don't ever fix real problems so why don't you do something to fix the problem? Sell your car and buy a Ford! Seems like an obvious solution to me rather than what you're doing. The Mach e is being massively discounted so seems like an opportune moment for such a switch. And then you can come back and tell us how much better your Ford is then your Tesla. Kill two birds with one stone?

Who says I have something against my 2023? I love it, great commuter. But I am not a brand loyalist and can look at other brands without trashing it to up my Tesla.

I own a Lightning also…. So yes, I can speak on both…. You? Not so much.

As far as aftermarket….. I bet you think MP and UP are the only game in town for the aftermarket 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_1306.jpeg

The only person serially trashing somebody or something is not me. I have you on ignore

So why have Mach E sales been so dismal, and getting worse, so bad they are having to discount them to get rid of them? Our local Ford dealer has 42 Mach E's in inventory, all discounted substantially. Are you the Ford EV mouthpiece?

Have you checked Teslas Model Y inventory lately? Even at $37k they can’t get rid of them. Did you have a point to make?

And now I am on ignore for posting a coilover for the Mach-E….. says I’m thrashing him 😂😂

Have you checked Teslas Model Y inventory lately? Even at $37k they can’t get rid of them. Did you have a point to make?

And now I am on ignore for posting a coilover for the Mach-E….. says I’m thrashing him 😂😂
it's also the complete lack of forward looking...

OEMs will be able to access SC (or are already able - see Ford) this year/ next year ... so the SuperCharger network selling point for Tesla's is gone

Charging speeds / battery technology / range gap is shrinking if not already gone (see Hyundai charging curve ; Mach E just got improved with new model year)

price/value - there isn't a gap anymore and in the case of the Cybertruck Tesla is actually more expensive than the competition

low cost/ entry level EV sub $30k - the Model 2 may or may not come... but others aren't sleeping. Next gen Bolt in 2025, Chinese competition... meanwhile Tesla won't offer a Model 2 anytime soon.

Tesla will remain dominant for years but their growth will drastically slow down and there are a LOT more options out there now versus back in 2019 when I bought my Model 3 and there was only the Model 3 and nothing else in terms of price/ specs

it's also the complete lack of forward looking...

OEMs will be able to access SC (or are already able - see Ford) this year/ next year ... so the SuperCharger network selling point for Tesla's is gone

Charging speeds / battery technology / range gap is shrinking if not already gone (see Hyundai charging curve ; Mach E just got improved with new model year)

price/value - there isn't a gap anymore and in the case of the Cybertruck Tesla is actually more expensive than the competition

low cost/ entry level EV sub $30k - the Model 2 may or may not come... but others aren't sleeping. Next gen Bolt in 2025, Chinese competition... meanwhile Tesla won't offer a Model 2 anytime soon.

Tesla will remain dominant for years but their growth will drastically slow down and there are a LOT more options out there now versus back in 2019 when I bought my Model 3 and there was only the Model 3 and nothing else in terms of price/ specs

People are going to lose their minds when Tesla and Ford collaborate on a shared platform. It’s going to happen.

It’s funny how when I had my first Tesla back in 2018 everyone here on this forum was all about spreading the EV love and making sure other legacies moved forward. As soon as that competition came the tone changed in this forum. Now everything is inferior to Tesla 🤣

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
That truck is a left over 2023 and will also have an additional $840 in dealer fees that will be added.
Please do not Cherry pick an example that is not apples to apples.

Tesla's CyberTruck production is well sold out for the next year or more.

Tesla has not yet released a lowest priced Tradesman type model of their Cybertruck. Only highly optioned versions.

That truck is a left over 2023 and will also have an additional $840 in dealer fees that will be added.
Please do not Cherry pick an example that is not apples to apples.

Tesla's CyberTruck production is well sold out for the next year or more.

Tesla has not yet released a lowest priced Tradesman type model of their Cybertruck. Only highly optioned versions.
google in your area F150 Lightning and at least in my area (North Texas) there are 10+ brand new at dealers for $50-$59k.

People are going to lose their minds when Tesla and Ford collaborate on a shared platform. It’s going to happen.

It’s funny how when I had my first Tesla back in 2018 everyone here on this forum was all about spreading the EV love and making sure other legacies moved forward. As soon as that competition came the tone changed in this forum. Now everything is inferior to Tesla 🤣

so true ! it went quickly from "the more EVs - the better we are with a sustainable future" to "if you don't buy a Tesla you hate Elon ! and Free speech! and Humanity!". To be fair... Elon even stated himself that climate change isn't the biggest problem for humanity anymore. So go figure...

Reactions: T3SLAROD

i love that we have options especially the lightning and the rivian trucks.. but the mach e really is inferior in just about any metric most people care about ... my wife is a lifelong Ford lover and drove both the mach e and the Y on test drives and ordered the Y that night

That's a clueless statement about Sandy Munro, given that he's torn down a dozen manufacturers electric vehicles - sometimes when you work so hard to discredit good people you actually just end up discrediting yourself. Tesla and their various cars are all far from perfect. But holding up Ford as a paragon of Automotive virtue is a puzzler. Like I said, please exercise your rights in the free market and go buy one. Much preferable to and much more constructive than what you're doing.
If you go back to probably the first Model 3 teardown that Sandy did, I won't say that Sandy was a Tesla haters, he's too professional than that. But he was definitely a Tesla doubter. He tore down the Model 3 and he started seeing all of these things that Tesla was doing, that the other manufacturers weren't even in the same ball ground as Tesla.

He's torn down hundreds of cars and his company is a major competitor in the competitor's vehicle business, way before EVs.

He had no choice, as many of the Tesla owners, but to understand just how far forward Tesla is.

He had no choice, as many of the Tesla owners, but to understand just how far forward Tesla is.

I hate I hate I hate .... and I HATE to admit it. But that is my conclusion after test driving many mainstream EVs. We visited a Tesla sales centre out of sheer frustration disappointment with VW ID4. And had to eat my shoes as my wife cheekily said after test driving the 2024 Model Y. It is not a perfect car. Far from it. But as an ecosystem, it is the least irksome to live with. <shrug>

Tesla is still not on my favourite brand due to the fanboyism culture.

Reactions: mborkow and gt2690b
I hate I hate I hate .... and I HATE to admit it. But that is my conclusion after test driving many mainstream EVs. We visited a Tesla sales centre out of sheer frustration disappointment with VW ID4. And had to eat my shoes as my wife cheekily said after test driving the 2024 Model Y. It is not a perfect car. Far from it. But as an ecosystem, it is the least irksome to live with. <shrug>

Tesla is still not on my favourite brand due to the fanboyism culture.
This is how I feel about apple