Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.8.4 strange issue (possily bug?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish there was a way that we could message with support about these things without having to make a service appointment.
Just create a service appointment with a future date in order to get someone on the app that you can communicate with. I suggest, since Tesla leaves us no other option for communication, that anyone experiencing this issue do the same.

Set up a future-dated service appointment. They'll eventually accept and sent you an invoice for approval. Do NOT approve the ($250) estimate, rather initiate a dialogue with your advisor specifically calling out 2024.8.4 and inquiring if it is a known bug.

I tried this method today. It comes from the Model Y Support Page:
Note
You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Report", "Feedback", or "Bug report" followed by brief comments. Model Y takes a snapshot of its systems, including your current location, vehicle diagnostic data, and screen captures of the touchscreen. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model Y.

It's frustrating that this doesn't seem to be a prioritized fix... I've begun submitting bug reports with every drive (squeaky wheel and all...).

That's because you haven't probably seen the keyboard bug that's been around for years! LOL

I installed a CETE Active Suspension Control and control my suspension from my cellphone. I don't have time to wait for these incompetent interns(?) working @ Tesla.... Just installed 2024.8.7 and bug is still there... Just FYI... Looks like it's going to be a similar issue to the keyboard bug. No hazzard, no priority.

Pics of car lowered all the way (FU TESLA)

img_3681-jpg.1030393

img_3682-jpg.1030394

I would bet newer models don't have these issues and I bet it's because they want to force us to sell our cars. REAL leather, better quality parts, unlimited features... etc etc

Last edited:
I have the same issues on my 85D. I initially thought I am getting crazy, but had to put the car on jack mode that was greyed out. After 15 minutes of pressing it the car went in Jack mode, but impossible to remove it after. had to drive to disable it.

Reactions: Jbjwc1
Glad I'm not the only one. Just posted on Reddit.
Update 2024.8.4

Anyone else having suspension issues on their OG Model S ( 2013 Model S 85) since the last update?

1. I can't manually set the suspension to it's lowest setting.
2. It keeps enabling Jack Mode wherever I reverse.

It was working fine prior to the 2024.8.4 update.

Service Center wants $116 just to check it out. I think I'll wait for the next update and hopefully it'll fix itself.

Reactions: Jbjwc1
Glad I found this thread. Just got this annoying issue after installing 2024.8.7. Resets, reinnstall software etc. didn't help. Was going nuts and about to make a service appointment. I may stop installing updates after this is fixed. Hardly anything in it for us with oldies other than introduced bugs!
After charge gate I was hesitant to install new updates. Awhile back they restored some of the charge speed to the gimped cars and I started to install stuff again but this update is making me hesitant again. As you said, not much value add to legacy vehicles anymore.

Reactions: NettMD and Smc171