Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the potential for Autopark after exiting the vehicle is coming.
Probably not in the U.K. thank God.
Used Autopark this morning. 10 spaces with just one car in space 3. I wanted space 6. Car wanted only spaces 2 or 4.

I don’t think so!

If you have visualisation enabled - doesn’t that effectively show you other cars in your blind spot without indicating?

Maybe they need to make use of that a bit more - highlighting cars in your blind spot an/or a tone if you start to move in their direction?
Highlighting is a good idea esp. if they set a view that shows more of the vehicles approaching from behind so you can see them soon enough.

(Touching the visualization will zoom out but that view doesn't help much in practice.)

Wouldn't that be rather annoying when driving in any traffic.
That’s exactly what traditional blind spot monitors do though, the ones with the LED built into the mirror glass which light up when there’s a car alongside. In most implementations of it if you then indicate it will start flashing and in some cases if you actually move to do the lane change it will go further and try to stop you. Tesla have done this in the Highland M3 now with an LED in the door pillar tweeter cover which glows orange (or maybe red) when something is alongside.

The standard Tesla implementation only highlights the car in red if it thinks you’re changing lanes when the indicator is on or you start to move across. It will flash and beep and warn you if you try to change lanes when something is there.

I'm quite pleased about the multiple custom LightShows on a USB feature! I'd actually put that down on my wishlist. 2023 Holiday Update Wishlist

Will be interesting how they implement multiple LightShows, as it needs to be named LightShow.fseq/wav in a folder, so how do you have multiple files with the same filename? It also knocks out the USB music if it's on the same partition...

I'm quite pleased about the multiple custom LightShows on a USB feature! I'd actually put that down on my wishlist. 2023 Holiday Update Wishlist

Will be interesting how they implement multiple LightShows, as it needs to be named LightShow.fseq/wav in a folder, so how do you have multiple files with the same filename? It also knocks out the USB music if it's on the same partition...
I hope you are not winding up some of the members :)

Didn't realise people actually used or cared about the light show. The mind boggles.
Never even once been tempted to do a light show, even out of curiosity. Like most things in the “Toybox” it’s only there for social media likes. I can’t understand how they are still developing this nonsense when the wipers don’t work.

I hope you are not winding up some of the members :)
Ha, not at all... I mean it's a complete novelty act but adding the customising feature with multiple choices makes it more interesting...The Knight Rider light show is quite good fun. I still would have preferred an Apple Watch app though.

Apple Podcasts does nothing for me, more likely to nod off whilst driving if I'm listening to a podcast. Which would require a working FSD update... :D

Never even once been tempted to do a light show, even out of curiosity. Like most things in the “Toybox” it’s only there for social media likes. I can’t understand how they are still developing this nonsense when the wipers don’t work.
Maybe not everyone is like you ?

These gimmick features that make social media impact clearly have a significant marketing benefit and bring new customers to then find out more about the cars, so are well worth the relatively low development cost. Wipers have been the same for years, and clearly haven't dented sales so far.

Reactions: M1tch and spdpsba
IMO- Light show is probably something the developers do for fun. I can totally see an internal competition where they can use their own free time to develop light shows. Then whoever wins worldwide gets an extra bonus or something.

So things like light shows or farts doesn't really detract time from the other serious features.

Reactions: sleepydoc and goRt
Also, sweepstake until this thread becomes about wipers, I'm going to pick 3 hours.

We have a winner 😂

I guess you want to move this thread again to wipers, autopark, FSD kind of debate right?
Not at all. Anyone making the judgement that paying thousands for FSD or auto park is worthwhile should have done their research properly and probably should now hire a lawyer.

However when paying £50k+ for a car, one should expect to be able to see where they are going in the rain, in a similar fashion to the manner prevalent in other manufacturers for the last 20 years. But apparently upgrades to this functionality is of lower priority than the cars ability to flash its lights in an amusing way.

Joke all you like but it’s a safety issue

Reactions: Pants
I can totally see an internal competition where they can use their own free time to develop light shows. Then whoever wins worldwide gets an extra bonus or something.
Maybe they can have these internal hackathons to improve the buggy software or add useful new features instead of rubbish like this?

It’s not as if they can use the skills applied to do these shows elsewhere when they go back to their proper day job.

Reactions: WllXM