Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Cadillac LYRIQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WHY would anyone buy an ev from cadillac? or even gm/kia lexus/audi /vw/porsche for that matter? I mean seriously. That would be like buying a guitar from marshal amp company

For me it’s because I want hands free driving in my miserable commute, a quiet cabin, a wiper stalk, rain sensing that works properly, a service department I can call, cooled seats, a sunshade on the roof glass, air vents that don’t baffle passengers, rear seat heaters that don’t need the passengers to ask permission…

The only sticky Tesla qualities for me are the app and the trip planner, both of which are excellent.

Reactions: primedive and Genie
For me it’s because I want hands free driving in my miserable commute, a quiet cabin, a wiper stalk, rain sensing that works properly, a service department I can call, cooled seats, a sunshade on the roof glass, air vents that don’t baffle passengers, rear seat heaters that don’t need the passengers to ask permission…

The only sticky Tesla qualities for me are the app and the trip planner, both of which are excellent.

You will get some of those things with the Lyriq. Not convinced service departments will be very good - given my experience with legacy carmakers. It's a random box of chocolates. The Mach-E gets you most of the above too.

Rear heated seats is only on the top Lux 3 trim I think. That's close to $75K or more. The DE/RWD trim at $63K is a good deal but sadly even though I ordered before May 18th... I still was bumped to a MY24.

What you really want is a BMX iX. Just expect to pay a min of $90K for it. I wish it was a tad bigger... like the size of the Telluride. I would 100% pay $100K for an iX that size.

But like everything... there are trade offs. I don't take long trips with my CCS EVs. The whole DC charging infrastructure is another box of chocolates.

Reactions: mtndrew1
You will get some of those things with the Lyriq. Not convinced service departments will be very good - given my experience with legacy carmakers. It's a random box of chocolates. The Mach-E gets you most of the above too.

Rear heated seats is only on the top Lux 3 trim I think. That's close to $75K or more. The DE/RWD trim at $63K is a good deal but sadly even though I ordered before May 18th... I still was bumped to a MY24.

What you really want is a BMX iX. Just expect to pay a min of $90K for it. I wish it was a tad bigger... like the size of the Telluride. I would 100% pay $100K for an iX that size.

But like everything... there are trade offs. I don't take long trips with my CCS EVs. The whole DC charging infrastructure is another box of chocolates.

Lux 3 RWD is the trim I’m shopping. The iX is an extra $15,000 and the styling is…not to my taste.

In any event I’m looking forward to exploring the Lyriq more. I’ll be buying a car a little less than a year from now. I want to sell the Tesla with less than 100k miles while it still has plenty of warranty remaining for the buyer.

Edit: While legacy service departments are a gamble, Tesla has set a pretty low service bar to clear (in my experience over five years). My kingdom for a phone number…

Charging isn't very good on the Lyriq, it takes 40 minutes to go from 20 to 80%. It starts out good but then drops quickly before falling off a cliff:

1689284895474.png

Reactions: Yelobird
I drove one before I got the Model Y and I REALLY liked it. Two things swayed me to the MYP—supercharger network/NACS and what Car and Driver called the “anti-latte spillage” programming. You can’t get full power below 40mph even in the AWD. Luxurious and quick on the highway but definitely did not feel like 500hp around town.

Interior was night and day to the Tesla though. A few years ago I cross shopped an XT6 with a Lincoln Aviator. Wasn’t sold on either but the Aviator felt special inside while the XT6 was downright pedestrian, obviously a GM parts bin vehicle. Caddy has solved whatever the issue was and the Lyric interior was absolutely gorgeous.

My Lyriq is built (ordered March 2022!) and the incentives/rebates are decent - $7500 Ultium Promise, $5000 for model year transition, $1K Costco.

I suspect I will pass. It's both too big and too small if that makes any sense. I will probably test drive it once more before declining it.

View attachment 1014981
That’s pretty well bought at $57.5k. Beautiful color scheme. Since there seems to be a market shortage, what about taking delivery and then selling it for somewhere in between what you paid and sticker?