Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Falcon Wing Door Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my 2022 X in for service to correct the passenger side falcon wing door seeing "ghosts" and not opening all the way at random times. Per the invoice the ultrasonic sensor was removed and replaced. Part numbers 1075448-00-C and 1055890-00-E were replaced. Unfortunately the problem has not been resolved and I have to bring it back in. I have seen no pattern in when the sensor senses an obstruction vs the majority of time that it opens fine. It is quite frustrating and embarrassing for such an expensive (or frankly any car) to have this problem. The driver side falcon wing door has not exhibited this problem yet, fingers crossed it doesn't. I seem to be in the minority, as there are not many similar posts. Anyone else seeing this on a refresh X?

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Make sure they actually replaced the USS's at all. Ive had my SC say they did, but never really did and replaced the USS again. Which the problem then went away. I have a 2022 MXP and both doors had this problem. 02/2022 build. Super problematic. Also my doors have both had issues where they wont close either.

Look at the the thread. I had exact same issues and just changing the Sensor and Carrier did not help. I had to make 4 trips. They had to replace the assembly itself

Model X Refresh driver side doors sensing obstruction that isn't there....​

Reactions: Lester Green
There's USS for the FWDs? I wonder if my '17 has them. I haven't noticed them on the doors, but maybe they aren't the usual little round ones.

My left FWD has problems opening sometimes, but it seems to be when there's bright sun on the left side of the car.

With all the problems I've had with FWDs I'm really wishing the MX had options for regular doors, like the MS.

There's USS for the FWDs? I wonder if my '17 has them. I haven't noticed them on the doors, but maybe they aren't the usual little round ones.

My left FWD has problems opening sometimes, but it seems to be when there's bright sun on the left side of the car.

With all the problems I've had with FWDs I'm really wishing the MX had options for regular doors, like the MS.
Yes, the USS for the FWDs are under the sheetmetal of the doors.

Reactions: Falcon73
I have the same issue on both FWDs. It's been reported to my service center multiple times and a mobile tech could not get it working either. They even replaced the struts on one door when it broke. It still opens 4 inches and stops. No clue how they tested it, but my guess is they didn't bother. You can search my posts to find my horror story, but I am not bothering to have them try to fix it again and am lemoning the car for non-stop issues instead.

But....to the best of my knowledge, the service center did not replace any of the sensors in the doors for me. Maybe that would have fixed it, but they likely would have just broken something else trying.

Service frustratingly stated:
Diagnosed and Unable to verify concern, Service team has escalated to engineering for next steps.
And then closed my service ticket. No response or call from service yet. I’m not taking the car back without them fixing this. Adding insult to injury the round steering wheel they were supposed to install for a ridiculous $700, was on back order. This despite ordering weeks ago.

Telsa service had my Model X for almost two months working on the falcon wing door phantom detections. I was so happy to pick up my car yesterday. Tested a few times and it was ok. I tested more today to find that the issue with phantom detections is actually worse than before I brought it in. Pissed doesn't begin to explain my frustration. I am waiting to hear back from service on next steps.

Service frustratingly stated:
Diagnosed and Unable to verify concern, Service team has escalated to engineering for next steps.
And then closed my service ticket. No response or call from service yet. I’m not taking the car back without them fixing this. Adding insult to injury the round steering wheel they were supposed to install for a ridiculous $700, was on back order. This despite ordering weeks ago.
Did they ever install the wheel for you?