Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The GLOVIS CAPTAIN has now picked up speed to 15 kts.
It means she won't enter the Atlantic until late tomorrow.
I reckon she is about 9 hours behind schedule at the moment which is easily regained over 10 days or so.
Let's hope she doesn't encounter any more bad weather enroute...
Forecast for the next week looks OK.

UPDATE> just looking at her position, it looks like she has been pushed about 25-30 miles off the desired track. A combination of both the wind and the sea hitting her broadside. She has plenty of searoom and so instead of fighting it, allowing a bit of a run might be the quickest way to exit this weather.

GC Aug 20.png

Last edited:
How much extra fuel do these things carry? If she’s been through rough seas I assume she’s burnt more than would be ideal
Fuel is generally not an issue with these things -they go months without refuelling. That's not suggesting they are in any way efficient - they are not, just that they carry lots and lots of fuel.

BTW they have 2 stroke engines. Not the sort you had on your moped though.

UPDATE> just looking at her position, it looks like she has been pushed about 25-30 miles off the desired track. A combination of both the wind and the sea hitting her broadside. She has plenty of searoom and so instead of fighting it, allowing a bit of a run might be the quickest way to exit this weather.

It’ll be like on the passenger ferries when the bloke walking towards you suddenly lurches sideways with his pint then vomits on the carpet and they have to bring out the hoover of shame.

The San Francisco Port Schedule has just been updated .
It confirms all the future ship movements that I reported on Saturday but, wait for this, it has an additional ship!
The GRAND PEARL is due alongside on 14 Aug. She is a standard size Panamax carrier and has sneaked in below my radar - I certainly wasn’t expecting her. I have no idea where she could be heading to. Although I don’t recall seeing her name when I was trawling through various European port schedules on Friday, it’s not a name I’m familiar with and wouldn’t have been looking for it. I’m not going to have the time to repeat the searches this week and so we’ll just have to wait and see…

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 22.02.03.png

Having said that, the new schedule doesn't mention the GLOVIS STELLA, which is puzzling.....
Additionally the GRAND PEARL doesn't arrive in Canada until 14 Aug.
Mmmmm, perhaps we should forget about the GRAND PEARL....

For those interested in S/X to Europe. The detailed data is in for Maersk Montana. It does have a little over 20 containers of Tesla shipments onboard heading To Netherlands and Norway. Unfortunately, there are no cars onboard. It is all parts shipments and some superchargers.

The next ship to watch is Maersk Iowa arriving Rotterdam August 10.
The one after that is Maersk Nijmegen arriving Rotterdam August 22
The Tesla rep sent me a screen shot that shows my MX will be on Maersk Nijmegen but no date. Hopefully it is the August 22 boat.

• Informative
Reactions: CPhoenix and DJP31
It seems Glovis Sun is taking a nap outside of Bremerhaven, never seen a Tesla ship with cargo on do this. Crew change or supplies? Maybe this won't be the right vessel for the Middle East.
It's not scheduled into Bremerhaven until 16 Aug then it's off to Hamburg, Southampton and then Antwerp before heading south. ETA Jebel Ali 14 Sep.

• Funny
Reactions: s88ats