Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange but just spoke with Tesla, they have confirmed my car is now in Tilburg Holland and is in planning there it is showing an ETA of delivery to Manchester UK 18th September.

They gave me the vin and i checked it against the one they gave me 2 weeks ago, its the same so same car.

I was a bit surprised as 2 weeks ago they car was yet to be shipped! now 2 weeks later its in Holland.

This means that within the last 3 weeks a boat has taken cars from the USA to Holland?

With an end point for the cars to be delivered in the EU (UK)

My vin ends with 287655

Just in case anyone wants to see if their cars (VIN) is possibly with the batch.

Hi

Completely new hear so I have probably not seen an answer to my question!

I ordered my first Tesla Model 3 LR on 27 July (very excited), but I have not heard anything from Tesla in respect of delivery times etc. I was told at the point of ordering that it will be September.

Does anyone have any realistic idea of when I should be able to take delivery?

Thanks in advance

GRAND DAHLIA She is about 80nm SW of Land’s End and on the home straight now. She looks likely to head to Brixham initially and make a brief stop this evening to pick up a European pilot and then continue on to Zeebrugge. She is due to arrive there at 13:00 tomorrow and not depart until 22:00 on Sat. This could be a full unload. She does not appear to be booked into Southampton. Additionally, if she has cars destined to the UK onboard I have yet to identify a likely ship to transport them from Zeebrugge to Southampton.

GRAND DAHLIA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Finally entered the Atlantic via the Caicos Passage yesterday evening and is making 18.2 kts with about 3670nm to go. She is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge at 06:00 on 21 Aug and not depart until 22:00 on 23 Aug to Bremerhaven. Again this looks like a full unload with no Southampton call.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Atlantic Progress Aug 20.png

RCC ASIA is making excellent progress down the Pacific coast towards Panama having covered 480nm in the last 24hrs. She is due to arrive there on 18 Aug. Despite her proximity, she shouldn't be affected much by Hurricane Elida, although isolated thunderstorms, occasionally severe may be encountered in the next 24 hours. I have her pencilled in for an arrival in Zeebrugge on 31 Aug however with the previous 2 ships possibly not making a drop off in Southampton I wouldn’t be surprised if RCC ASIA makes Southampton her first stop.

GLOVIS STELLA has just moved alongside Pier 80 now for a brief 24hr visit. She should depart about this time tomorrow probably to the Far East. I’m guessing China.

The next ship to load at Pier 80 is likely to be GLOVIS SIGMA, a bigger ship than the last three and comparable in size to GLOVIS SUN. I expect her to be destined for Europe with a probable ETA in Zeebrugge of around 11 Sep. She is too wide for the original Panama Canal and will have to use the new locks.

I’m keeping an eye on the GRAND PEARL but I can’t see her loading at Pier 80 anytime soon.

Hi

Completely new hear so I have probably not seen an answer to my question!

I ordered my first Tesla Model 3 LR on 27 July (very excited), but I have not heard anything from Tesla in respect of delivery times etc. I was told at the point of ordering that it will be September.

Does anyone have any realistic idea of when I should be able to take delivery?

Thanks in advance
Orders and deliveries thread is your best hope at the moment.

They gave me the vin and i checked it against the one they gave me 2 weeks ago, its the same so same car.

I was a bit surprised as 2 weeks ago they car was yet to be shipped! now 2 weeks later its in Holland.

This means that within the last 3 weeks a boat has taken cars from the USA to Holland?

Remember S/X go a different route to M3, so it is quite possible that your car was waiting at docks in USA two weeks ago and is now in Europe.

It is the SFO model 3 deliveries via Panama that take about 3 weeks.

they have confirmed my car is now in Tilburg Holland and is in planning there it is showing an ETA of delivery to Manchester UK 18th September.
Seems like a really long time to rebuild and ship to the UK.

This means that within the last 3 weeks a boat has taken cars from the USA to Holland

From what I've read it usually takes around 20 days to get from factory to Holland, so that sounds about right. Since the Montana didn't have any S/X's onboard, I would have thought it was on the Iowa?

As for serial numbers (although its doesn't mean much as they arent always sequential), my VIN is about 600 after yours.

For what it's worth I think this is it: Boats

No signs of any of the GLOVIS ships nor any coming from Zeebrugge ("Fra havn" column).

Thanks for finding that schedule - link stored.
The CORAL LEADER originated in Zeebrugge and so is a possibility I suppose.
Difficult to make out any Teslas in the webcam!
Certainly last quarter they were delivered to Drammen by road.

Thanks for finding that schedule - link stored.
The CORAL LEADER originated in Zeebrugge and so is a possibility I suppose.
Difficult to make out any Teslas in the webcam!
Certainly last quarter they were delivered to Drammen by road.

I received a call from a guy at Tesla. I asked him specifically if my car would go by road from Belgium to Norway and he replied "no, by boat." Maybe he doesn't have a clue, but it could be worth factoring in.

He didn't say which ship my car is on, though, other than it's out there on its way.

GRAND DAHLIA She is about 80nm SW of Land’s End and on the home straight now. She looks likely to head to Brixham initially and make a brief stop this evening to pick up a European pilot and then continue on to Zeebrugge. She is due to arrive there at 13:00 tomorrow and not depart until 22:00 on Sat. This could be a full unload. She does not appear to be booked into Southampton. Additionally, if she has cars destined to the UK onboard I have yet to identify a likely ship to transport them from Zeebrugge to Southampton.

View attachment 575289

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Finally entered the Atlantic via the Caicos Passage yesterday evening and is making 18.2 kts with about 3670nm to go. She is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge at 06:00 on 21 Aug and not depart until 22:00 on 23 Aug to Bremerhaven. Again this looks like a full unload with no Southampton call.

View attachment 575291

RCC ASIA is making excellent progress down the Pacific coast towards Panama having covered 480nm in the last 24hrs. She is due to arrive there on 18 Aug. Despite her proximity, she shouldn't be affected much by Hurricane Elida, although isolated thunderstorms, occasionally severe may be encountered in the next 24 hours. I have her pencilled in for an arrival in Zeebrugge on 31 Aug however with the previous 2 ships possibly not making a drop off in Southampton I wouldn’t be surprised if RCC ASIA makes Southampton her first stop.

GLOVIS STELLA has just moved alongside Pier 80 now for a brief 24hr visit. She should depart about this time tomorrow probably to the Far East. I’m guessing China.

The next ship to load at Pier 80 is likely to be GLOVIS SIGMA, a bigger ship than the last three and comparable in size to GLOVIS SUN. I expect her to be destined for Europe with a probable ETA in Zeebrugge of around 11 Sep. She is too wide for the original Panama Canal and will have to use the new locks.

I’m keeping an eye on the GRAND PEARL but I can’t see her loading at Pier 80 anytime soon.

Re Grand Dahlia - I was told my uk vehicle is on board - was offered a 1st Sept collection

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable