Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla work in quarters. The aim is to have all the cars made in a particular quarter bought and paid for by the end of the quarter.
Europe is a problem in that it takes 3 weeks by ship just to get there and so the factory production at the begining of the quarter eg July will be for the European market whereas at the end of the quarter (now) production will be for the US domestic market because they can deliver them very quickly.
So the next ships to Europe won't leave until about the 2nd week of July and the last ship to Europe will leave around the end of August.

• Informative
Reactions: MGrove and ABCTG
Tesla work in quarters. The aim is to have all the cars made in a particular quarter bought and paid for by the end of the quarter.
Europe is a problem in that it takes 3 weeks by ship just to get there and so the factory production at the begining of the quarter eg July will be for the European market whereas at the end of the quarter (now) production will be for the US domestic market because they can deliver them very quickly.
So the next ships to Europe won't leave until about the 2nd week of July and the last ship to Europe will leave around the end of August.

Very interesting, I didn't know that - I'm looking forward for your next post in this context...

Mr M.

I have been advised that my car is in transit and it will be ready for delivery on 25th July. Does this seem achievable??

Funny thing is it was an inventory car back in May hence me placing the order thinking I would get it this month.

Many thanks

h

Hello. Mr Miserable.

Do you have some model3 SR+ information for Taiwan?

I oder model 3 SR+ in early March.
And also know have two flight arrived in Shanghai and South Korea this month.

But my SR+ still have no VIN and news now.

Thank you for your answer.

Mr M - thank you for this very interesting thread. With the recent ship which arrived at Southampton last week, do you expect that all cars on that have been matched as I would have expected some new cars to appear on the inventory but nothing new in terms of LR.

Thank you

I wouldn't hold your breath on this, unless you have information that says otherwise.
I know the ship is Middle East bound but I'm not convinced it has Teslas onboard.

I wasn't watching this ship but it certainly departed from the wrong set of docks in Southampton for it to have loaded Teslas there.
It may have manoeuvred from one set to the other but I didn't notice it. If it did, fair enough, but otherwise I don't think this is your ship.

FINALLY got confirmation from Tesla that my lease company have given lease approval to Tesla so now Tesla have everything they need to match me a Model 3 LR AWD with 19inc sport wheels in Blue! They’re saying August for delivery (even though their website is still saying June for est. delivery of this spec) so I’m setting my expectations on Aug/Sept all being well! You never know though - might get lucky and get one earlier. I think my choice of wheels limits my chances though. Wonder if the August deliveries will have USB-C and wireless charging...