Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still lots of shipping sheltering from the weather.
It must be bad out there.

Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 14.51.18.png

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Thats a real shame!, was hoping to get the car by 22nd Feb, looks like that is unlikely now....

No idea the time from a ship docking to customer pick up, not seen it mentioned elsewhere.

I think everyone who is currently waiting can help. What I will do when I get my delivery date is post here; when I saw my vin, when I got the text, when the ship docked and when I heard about my delivery date and earliest collection day.

Should give some idea to those waiting on later ships. Not an exact science I know. But it would be useful to know if it is 1,2 or 3 weeks from docking.

No idea the time from a ship docking to customer pick up, not seen it mentioned elsewhere.

I think everyone who is currently waiting can help. What I will do when I get my delivery date is post here; when I saw my vin, when I got the text, when the ship docked and when I heard about my delivery date and earliest collection day.

Should give some idea to those waiting on later ships. Not an exact science I know. But it would be useful to know if it is 1,2 or 3 weeks from docking.
So as not to clog up the shipping information here, we should start a table of that information in the Model 3 Orders and Deliveries
sticky thread. Perhaps some sort of editable excel sheet we can all help populate? I'm not sure how to do that but I'd be very happy to help populate it.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
So as not to clog up the shipping information here, we should start a table of that information in the Model 3 Orders and Deliveries
sticky thread. Perhaps some sort of editable excel sheet we can all help populate? I'm not sure how to do that but I'd be very happy to help populate it.

If you go right back to Page 1 of that thread you should find a spreadsheet that was used by us last summer

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
The GRAND MARK has finally cleared the locks after one of the slowest transits I've seen. I'm not sure what went wrong but there may have been a problem with one of the Gatun locks. Now just waiting for its ETA for Zeebrugge which should be around 22 Feb.

Just got this from Bristol tesla employee:

We are just starting to receive boats and scheduling February deliveries, if you do not hear from us soon then I would most likely expect a March delivery.

Keep an eye on your text messages as this will be our main form of contact from now on.

Kind regards

Grand Mark chugging through the harbour at Colon right now, it is almost in open water ... looking at the satellite images I might have to put cruising the Panama Canal onto bucket list ... looks great !
Colon is a dump - I wouldn't walk around there alone!
You can get cruises that dock in Colon only and you get a bus tour of the locks and a tour of Panama City or you can get on a ship which does a partial transit (Gatun locks only into Gatun Lake and back) or do a cruise that transits the entire canal. It is a fascinating trip if you like engineering. I did a full transit in a yacht in 2007 and I returned last year to see the new lock system working - it's very impressive.

GRAND MARK now in the Caribbean and on its way to Zeebrugge.
Unhelpfully, the crew have not updated their AIS info and so we don't know waht their ETA is.
It looks as though they have set a course for the Mona Passage and so there will be another opportunity in a couple of days for the land base AIS receivers to catch a sniff and obtain the ETA.
Unless of course, anyone has access to a satellite feed or pays £0.99 for an update from the app.
I would expect it to arrrive in Zeebrugge around 22 Feb

GRAND MARK now in the Caribbean and on its way to Zeebrugge.
Unhelpfully, the crew have not updated their AIS info and so we don't know waht their ETA is.
It looks as though they have set a course for the Mona Passage and so there will be another opportunity in a couple of days for the land base AIS receivers to catch a sniff and obtain the ETA.
Unless of course, anyone has access to a satellite feed or pays £0.99 for an update from the app.
I would expect it to arrrive in Zeebrugge around 22 Feb
Hopefully you have right about arrive time
Screenshot_20200210-212232_MarineTraffic.jpg