Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12 on the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 2020.12.0.2. Doesn't seem to have anything more to it than my mates on 2020.8.3

Curious to know if you see more responsive on screen driving graphics (or rear camera view for that matter but not confirmed).

It is known that the Autopilot functionality has been significantly rewritten to allow items to be detected and classified in one step. Presumably this was previously a pipelined process so resulted in latency that was evident on the in car display graphics.

These is some evidence that some (all?) the results of this rewrite are showing up in 2020.12 (some have also said similar of 2020.8 but on my single brief outing, I didn't notice anything that caught my eye) by way of reduced latency in on screen driving display - ie a car is shown passing you when it passes you rather than a short time after.

Just curious is this major change, with subtle change in user experience is lurking beneath 2020.12.

New firmware version 2020.12.5 just found on TezLab
Model 3 in San Jose

will update with release notes

2020.12.5.1 now detected. Dash cam viewer

745CF6A6-5F3E-4CCE-93B6-33ED09BC250A.jpeg

Day 5 on 2020.12.0.2 and still the car won’t sleep, I’ve turned off WiFi etc to see if this is effecting it but I’ve still lost 5% in 12 hours.

I’ll switch the WiFi back on and hope that another update comes through soon that sorts it out.