Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.2.1 now available in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok got the update this morning for my M3 Performance HW3 in the uk

Looks like we only get the wipers and faster lane changes yet.

Will try later on.

Anyone else got this yet

Attachments

• IMG_20191210_083232.jpg
    IMG_20191210_083232.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20191210_083214.jpg
    IMG_20191210_083214.jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Informative
Reactions: Tattersky
Do let everybody know how AP performs - sounds like it’s majorly regressed especially NoA but this may be mostly the non euro passing lane functionality.
Having been bitten by taking 36.2.3 early I’m in no hurry for this unless wipers are a major revelation.

Not flagged up for me yet. So to clarify, do we think we in the UK will get faster lane changes and longer to timeout? Is it now confirmed that the EU has relaxed its rule on this?

An aside - is there any indication of better "poor weather" (by Tesla's definition, which means anything other than absolutely bone dry) AP performance? There has long been a suggestion that this will be improved by software rather than hardware (which is counterintuitive to this layman but hey ho) as neural networks learn, which I assume has some parallels with whatever has enabled faster lane changes.

Still pretty small numbers on 2019.40 on Teslafi and not many per day. Is it on wide rollout yet, even in the USA?

Last edited:
I'm perplexed here............. you guys are on 2019.40.2.1 and I'm on 2019.36.2.4. I've just had a Ranger here fitting the Homelink that was missing from my car on delivery. He did an update and this is the new one (36.2.4).
Seems I might be quite behind............. can I force it get the 40.2.1 ?

• Love
Reactions: SteveM3P
36.2.4 is right up to date mainstream.
Major release follows a year/4 week naming convention so 2019.36.x is one release older than 2019.40.x

Tesla also use targeted releases so just because someone is on one release doesn’t mean we all should be. Latest doesn’t mean greatest either.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricJoules
I have to say I have had no problem at all with the automatic wipers on my car and am not sure what the fuss it about. I’ve never needed to manually override in order to clear the screen. Maybe there is a special type of rain where i live ?

I have to say I have had no problem at all with the automatic wipers on my car and am not sure what the fuss it about. I’ve never needed to manually override in order to clear the screen. Maybe there is a special type of rain where i live ?

That's interesting. I hadn't considered the possibility of there being variations between cars. I thought they were all likely to be very similar in their poor auto wiper function.

Pity they don't yet seem to have addressed the major charging bug, that means the car doesn't reliably charge from any smart charger that can control charging periods of charging current.
I never have an issue with my Zappi 2 with Sentry Enabled. I’ve seen people try: switch it to eco for few seconds so that trickle charge starts, then back to Eco +. Seems to also work (charging paused).

I did email the virtual assistant and they said they’re aware of the issue and that it’s going to be fixed soon.

I never have an issue with my Zappi 2 with Sentry Enabled. I’ve seen people try: switch it to eco for few seconds so that trickle charge starts, then back to Eco +. Seems to also work (charging paused).

I did email the virtual assistant and they said they’re aware of the issue and that it’s going to be fixed soon.

The problem is when the car is asleep, and in sentry mode it's awake (and using around 200 W of power all the time, it seems). The car is supposed to wake up when the charge point signals that power is available, if it needs charge. Right now it seems that it doesn't do this, and remains in sleep mode.

That 200 W is close to our whole house background electricity consumption, and is really way too high for what it's doing. My CCTV system (four cameras, DVR, motion sensing etc) only uses around 20 W, around 1/10th of the power that sentry mode uses for much the same level of functionality.

If the car is woken up at any time when a charge point is advertising power, then it should start charging (if needed). Just waking it up by any means, like unlocking it, using an app to wake it up, or leaving it awake (i.e. in sentry mode) will allow the car to accept charge point control of charge availability.

The problem is when the car is asleep, and in sentry mode it's awake (and using around 200 W of power all the time, it seems). The car is supposed to wake up when the charge point signals that power is available, if it needs charge. Right now it seems that it doesn't do this, and remains in sleep mode.

That 200 W is close to our whole house background electricity consumption, and is really way too high for what it's doing. My CCTV system (four cameras, DVR, motion sensing etc) only uses around 20 W, around 1/10th of the power that sentry mode uses for much the same level of functionality.

If the car is woken up at any time when a charge point is advertising power, then it should start charging (if needed). Just waking it up by any means, like unlocking it, using an app to wake it up, or leaving it awake (i.e. in sentry mode) will allow the car to accept charge point control of charge availability.

A short term solution - you could try to jerry-rig it to stay awake by, for example, changing the sleep settings in Teslafi. I don't know a way to make it do that only at home but there might be one. I imagine other apps could also be set so that they don't give it a chance to nod off. Then you'd have more vampire drain but not to the extent of sentry drain.