Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.2 (320fba0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just setting the overheat protection on. I went to my car for lunch, was hot. I went to my car after work, also hot. Before this new patch, my overheat protection always kept my car under 105F.

Wonder if it’s a bug or a quirk of a new “feature”. Do you use Easy Entry?

Is COP setting now linked to profiles and shutting off when switching to Easy Entry if it’s disabked there? Something to check?

No, it really is a bug. It also ducks the volume when you get in the car, and automatically starts playback on your phone the very instant that it successfully connects to it by Bluetooth. Half the time, by the time I actually get into the car, whatever Netflix show I most recently watching before getting into the car has started playing in near silence, and I've completely missed a minute or more of it, and have to back it up.

And often, the audio doesn't come back up at all afterwards, and I have to manually increase it.

And the ducking also happens for phone calls, independent of the audio playback, which often results in me taking a phone call, and not being able to hear it until I crank it back up from 3 or whatever.

No, this feature is one of those "sounded like a good idea at the time" features. In reality, I'd pay Tesla $100 tomorrow if they would give me a way to permanently turn that misfeature off.

I do agree with the phone call part, it has to be on like 98 of 100 to hear anyone but the other portion is probably not going anywhere. With 28.2 they changed it slightly, by now any door you open the music will lower to 3 AND when the that door shuts and someone is in the car, the volume will go back to what you had set to.

I see 28.2 is really rolling out now. Nearly 1000 on Teslafi. Nothing here as of yet. :(
It’s ok, majority of the Teslafi fleet is still on 24.4. This rollout has kicked up but it’s going out like 20.4.2 did. They do small push the. A big push then less of a big push and try to move over older cars then a super push. It’s coming don’t worry.

Got into my car this morning and had the notification. For some reason, it hadn’t showed up in the app. Delayed the install as I was heading to work. Started it once I got there at which point it told me to turn off Sentry Mode to install it. Did so and started the install again. Walked away and confirmed on the app the update was in progress. A short while later, I got a notification that the update had failed. Went to the car where that message was displayed plus the instruction to wait for a new update to be pushed to my car. First time this has ever happened to me after owning 3 Teslas. Anyone else? Have they perhaps pulled the update?
Yeah I don’t know why, but I did that once and had a update fail. It was a big ordeal, so now I’ll wait until it’s at home and has sat at least a hour on WiFi and make sure the car went to sleep and start the update from my phone. Don’t quote me on this, but I swear it has something to do with the car and people going in and out of it while it’s updating. You can contact Tesla they will push you another update which will probably be what you’re on already and then the car will update again over the air to the newest firmware. That’s what we had to do and it was fine after that. However when it failed we had key problems autopilot wouldn’t work and the music was all over the place.

Is there a solution to the phone Bluetooth audio issue?

Other person cannot hear me.

If the problem is one way only (the remote party can't hear you, but you can hear them), then the following is likely not the solution; but if the problem is two-way (you can't hear them and they can't hear you), then you may have run into this issue:

Bluetooth problems on phone calls only

This was a bug that existed between 2019.12.x and 2019.20.x. It was fixed with 2019.24.x. Reports of the problem disappearing started showing up on page 6 of that thread.

If you're having a different problem, or if it's the problem covered in that thread but you're still seeing it in 2019.24.x and later, then I suggest you report it to Tesla by e-mailing them at [email protected]. You might also try starting a new thread here (or adding to the preceding one if it's that exact same problem).

If the problem is one way only (the remote party can't hear you, but you can hear them), then the following is likely not the solution; but if the problem is two-way (you can't hear them and they can't hear you), then you may have run into this issue:

Bluetooth problems on phone calls only

This was a bug that existed between 2019.12.x and 2019.20.x. It was fixed with 2019.24.x. Reports of the problem disappearing started showing up on page 6 of that thread.

If you're having a different problem, or if it's the problem covered in that thread but you're still seeing it in 2019.24.x and later, then I suggest you report it to Tesla by e-mailing them at [email protected]. You might also try starting a new thread here (or adding to the preceding one if it's that exact same problem).

Thank you for that post -

It’s only 1 way. I can hear them, they can’t hear me. Clear.

I’ll try resetting the system and see if it works.