Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it interesting that Tusker had around 55 model 3 showing in the "in stock" section last week marked as available mid march. It could be that lease companies have made big orders anticipating high demand for BIK change in April and have surplus to shift. Couldn't be that some of the inventory stock could be non-allocated lease orders?
Possibly - it was more that two attempts to get a listed inventory item from Tesla stock in both cases wasn’t possible despite them being available for many hours later.

Not good....delayed in December and still waiting for an early Feb delivery.

I had a 20 Dec delivery date. I replied NO but they still booked a delivery slot. I phoned them to say I could not take it before Jan. Only today have they confirmed that I will get the car 6 March. If the same logic works every quarter (everything is manufactured and sold in a single quarter) then you will be looking at potentially July delivery.

This is my thinking, if I cancel my March collection I should get a new date in June, June being the end of Q2. Don't really have a problem with that as my current lease ends 30th May.

Reactions: Danb_Cym and bhav
Getting close now. Anyone with a lease should keep badgering them!

Attachments

• IMG_20200228_102930.jpg
    IMG_20200228_102930.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Harv3y
Has anyone had experience of a Tesla home delivery? do they drive the car to you or bring on a trailer, would I be wiser going to collect it? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. It's a performance, so I'm concerned the delivery person may have a little fun with the car en route if it's driven to me and I live in a very rural setting.

Has anyone had experience of a Tesla home delivery? do they drive the car to you or bring on a trailer, would I be wiser going to collect it? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. It's a performance, so I'm concerned the delivery person may have a little fun with the car en route if it's driven to me and I live in a very rural setting.
From what I’ve heard before, I think it comes on a trailer! Otherwise they’d be adding a load of miles before delivery.

Reactions: Danb_Cym
From what I’ve heard before, I think it comes on a trailer! Otherwise they’d be adding a load of miles before delivery.
Would be great if it did! My last car was driven to me from Stoke and whilst the miles are not really a problem for me, it's what could happen the the car whilst it is being driven by others that's the concern. Especially regarding quality control/paint defect issues etc. I'm only 30 mins drive from a Tesla centre, maybe I should just grab a cab and pick up?

Would be great if it did! My last car was driven to me from Stoke and whilst the miles are not really a problem for me, it's what could happen the the car whilst it is being driven by others that's the concern. Especially regarding quality control/paint defect issues etc. I'm only 30 mins drive from a Tesla centre, maybe I should just grab a cab and pick up?
Personally I would always rather go and collect in person, adds to the experience of getting the car I think. But it does also make it easier to spot any potential defects with the car which you wouldn’t see if it is driven to you in the torrential rain we are forecasted for the next few weeks!
Not that I expect there will be any!

Reactions: Danb_Cym
I've just called the Leeds SC to try and move my delivery day from 21st Feb to 6th March - they said if I don't collect the car within 7 days of the original date I would lose the allocation! The only option they could give me was to give someone else power of attorney to collect the car on my behalf!

I can't make the 21st and I'll be damned if I'm going to bu66er about with power of attorney - so it looks like I'll go to the bottom of the list and maybe wait until June :confused:
I totally sympathise wit you; their 7 day rule is pathetic. My Model 3 SR+ blue with white interior is being delivered to Tesla centre March 9th when I will be 4000 miles away in Florida - they refuse so far to hold the car till I get back even though they knew my vacation dates months ago when I ordered in Sept 2019 - gutted. Told me they are giving to someone else. Really? Great customer service Tesla - not!

I totally sympathise wit you; their 7 day rule is pathetic. My Model 3 SR+ blue with white interior is being delivered to Tesla centre March 9th when I will be 4000 miles away in Florida - they refuse so far to hold the car till I get back even though they knew my vacation dates months ago when I ordered in Sept 2019 - gutted. Told me they are giving to someone else. Really? Great customer service Tesla - not!
When are you back? every time ive spoken to Tesla they have been extremely helpful. May be worth another call and hope to get someone a bit nicer. That is unless you arent back until mid April then it may be more tricky.

Called Tusker today, as they were expecting to hear from Tesla on the batch of orders they have with them. They did get the update, but I'm disappointed to hear that I've still not be allocated a vehicle despite order being placed 15th Nov (105 days ago). A M3P MSM/Black is hardly unicorn spec. I'm beginning to think I'm not going to be in the March round of deliveries. No RN allocated, no VIN, no nothing. Neither Tusker nor Tesla can give me any information.
Anyone else in a similar situation?

Just turn on speed limit mode in the app

I’d pick it up if it were me. 30 mins isn’t that bad really at all. If there are any defects you can point them out to the staff there and then and maybe even arrange a SC appointment before you leave. It might even be possible for them to rectify while you wait.

I wouldn’t want the car driven to me, it’s a psychosomatic thing but I want to feel like I’m the first driver (even though I know it would’ve been driven off the boat and by the PDI people).

Reactions: Harv3y
Personally I would always rather go and collect in person, adds to the experience of getting the car I think. But it does also make it easier to spot any potential defects with the car which you wouldn’t see if it is driven to you in the torrential rain we are forecasted for the next few weeks!
Not that I expect there will be any![/Q
Called Tusker today, as they were expecting to hear from Tesla on the batch of orders they have with them. They did get the update, but I'm disappointed to hear that I've still not be allocated a vehicle despite order being placed 15th Nov (105 days ago). A M3P MSM/Black is hardly unicorn spec. I'm beginning to think I'm not going to be in the March round of deliveries. No RN allocated, no VIN, no nothing. Neither Tusker nor Tesla can give me any information.
Anyone else in a similar situation?
Ah, I feel for you man. Are you sure Tusker places Ithe order with Tesla on the 15th November or is this the date you ordered with Tusker? I placed my order with Tusker on the 11th November, exactly the same spec as you, and I've since ealisedr there is a variable delay between Tusker and Tesla ordering. But I've now been told to expect collection 2nd or 3rd week of March. Initially I had trouble getting my VIN so I used the RN provided by Tusker to call Tesla and I told them I needed the VIN for the home charger installation. Funny enough they provided the VIN there and then! I called Tesla back a week later and was told it's on BROOKLANDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.