Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.16 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C9625666-B91A-4957-9464-6E7F17EFCDD2.jpeg
Model S

Reactions: wesley888 and SeBsZ
Interesting that there are also no S or X on 2019.16, they skipped right to the .1.1 release.

And now we have a possible explanation to the 2016.16.1.1 for Model S & X:

“As we continue our investigation of the root cause, out of an abundance of caution, we are revising charge and thermal management settings on Model S and Model X vehicles via an over-the-air software update that will begin rolling out today, to help further protect the battery and improve battery longevity.”

https://electrek.co/2019/05/15/tesla-fiire-update-battery-software/

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
It's a website/online service that lets you monitor and track a bunch of stuff about your Tesla, and aggregates information from all of its users about things like average efficiency, who is on what version of the software, etc. People get all excited when a new software version is spotted there.

You can learn more and sign up at Home - TeslaFi.com. It costs $5/month (or $50/year), but there's a free trial. It requires your Tesla login credentials to generate an API key, and they claim they throw your credentials away after getting the API key. You can always revoke access through the API key by changing your Tesla password. You also have to beware of phantom drain because apparently by default the service will be polling your car often enough to keep it from going to sleep, and therefore wasting energy. They have instructions on how to configure it to avoid that, but it was a bit too complicated for me (and I'm a huge tech nerd). The iPhone app Stats gives me the same info, more neat features (like scheduled climate control, geofenced automatic Sentry Mode, and Siri shortcuts), so I'm just sticking with that for now.

The defaults for teslafi sleep settings are fine - just enable, click save and you're done.

I have a Canadian Model3 delivered March 2019 in Vancouver and I'm actually looking forward to a new release. 2019.12.1.2 actually introduced a few minor bugs that were not present before. When I put the car in reverse, any music that is playing turns to static and I am still getting the occasional back up camera black out as well. Everything else about the car is simply awesome so no complaints. The fact that we are even discussing these over the air firmware updates is still kind of mind blowing for me :) I purchased Tesla Stats and I really like it. No issues with sleeping or phantom drain. Smart Sentry never worked for me so looking forward this feature in the new firmware.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Still waiting for my Update!!! LoL
By the way, have Sentry mode & TeslaCam running while at work 10 Mile drain so far from 9:15pm to now 10:30am Data Sharing is off. Sentry really sucks up the juice, hope they fix that one day.

Fred

I had trouble installing what I assumed was 16.1 while at a local restaurant. FWIW, I often turn on Sentry while in public parking lots. The app said that install was pending from 10 minutes ago. Finally I entered my car to figure out why the update wasn't running and saw the message that updates could not be installed with Sentry running, BUT I had tried to turn it off with the app after clicking on install. Apparently there's a bug there and the app needs to be updated to work better with updating with Sentry running.

• Informative
Reactions: Kuroshio
I had trouble installing what I assumed was 16.1 while at a local restaurant. FWIW, I often turn on Sentry while in public parking lots. The app said that install was pending from 10 minutes ago. Finally I entered my car to figure out why the update wasn't running and saw the message that updates could not be installed with Sentry running, BUT I had tried to turn it off with the app after clicking on install. Apparently there's a bug there and the app needs to be updated to work better with updating with Sentry running.

Thanks, I know that with “Keep Climate On” it wont work either... will shutdown Sentry mode now.

Thanks

4846384F-A502-41E8-B932-CDC8444F036E.jpeg