Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 MS, how to determine dash trim colour (screen bevel etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen plain aluminium colour and grey colour dash trims

How can one determine what colour is in the car?

Any option codes?

Often pictures are inconclusive like this one: (I thought it is the grey stuff but Tesla says its plain aluminium)
Dash1.png

same car:
Dash2.png

Still looks like the grey trim to me, wouldn't the rings in the cupholders be more shiny otherwise?

Maybe the headline colour determines the dash trim colour?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Any option codes?

Often pictures are inconclusive like this one: (I thought it is the grey stuff but Tesla says its plain aluminium)
View attachment 1013581

same car:
View attachment 1013588

Still looks like the grey trim to me, wouldn't the rings in the cupholders be more shiny otherwise?

Thanks for any help
In 2018 at some point or so Tesla changed from silver trim to what they like to call graphite, The colour is graphic is relation to your question. All metal trim would be the same all around the car including the cupholders, Dash trim and door cards.

It was first announced i

Any option codes?

View attachment 1013581

same car:
View attachment 1013588

Thanks for any help
It was first announced in May of 2018, I want to say that anything built in Sept/Oct 2018. came with it by default.