Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 warranty question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to purchase a 2018 model 3 LR from an individual and the warranty shows 8 year or unlimited miles on drive unit and battery. I’m confused by this only because I had a similar tesla a few years back and my warranty was only good for 120,000 miles. Did the 2018 LR Model 3s come with the unlimited mile warranty on drive and battery unit? I’ve tried to do some research but keep seeing it only for previous model s. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Did the 2018 LR Model 3s come with the unlimited mile warranty on drive and battery unit? I’ve tried to do some research but keep seeing it only for previous model s. Any help would be great. Thanks.
No, it did not. Source, my own 2018 model 3 performance, purchased dec or 2018. There is no unlimited mileage battery warranties on model 3s period, so if the seller is telling you that or trying to produce some document that says that, run (not walk) away since they are already not telling the truth.

2018 LR RWD obtained 7/3/18. Mine has 8 year, 120,000 mile warranty. I do not remember ever seeing a Model 3 offered with an unlimited mileage warranty on the traction battery.

1691294122684.png

edit: Model S and X may have had this.

2018 LR RWD obtained 7/3/18. Mine has 8 year, 120,000 mile warranty. I do not remember ever seeing a Model 3 offered with an unlimited mileage warranty on the traction battery.

View attachment 962642

edit: Model S and X may have had this.
I have never owned a model S or X but am aware that some earlier year model S and X had 8 years unlimited miles warranties, but those warranties also did not cover degradation at all, only failure basically.

Reactions: BigNick