Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X 70D Proactive Replacement Tire Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings and Salutations!

I recently purchased a previously owned 2017 75D Model X. It came with 21K and I've already added another 1K. It has 20" wheels with 265/275 tires.

Before taking the X on our summer vacation I took it to my local Tesla dealer for a quick look over. The tech said the tires were still decent but would need to be replaced soonish as an X goes through tires like a kid through candy. I have therefore proactively begun researching tires. Hence coming here.

I live in Minnesota and many here would suggest going with a set of winter tires and a set of summer tires. I know that is the wisest course to take, but it is also expensive, so I am looking at a set of All Season or All Weather tires. In no particular order I am considering the following:

Yokohama Geolandar X-CV
-- Most reviews talk about this tire's traction in wet and snowy conditions, but not much on the tire's comfort, noise, and efficiency/range. Recommended across a couple of different review and tire sites.
Pirelli Scorpion Zero AS Plus-- Similar to the 22" tires Tesla sells through their store. Reviews seem to discuss noise and comfort and traction to some degree but no efficiency comments.
MICHELIN CROSSCLIMATE SUV-- What I like most about these is that they are listed as a touring/all-season tire but they are supposedly also rated for severe snow according to Tire Rack. Nothing on noise, ride comfort or range/efficiency, though they have "an eco focus".
NOKIAN TIREWR G4 SUV-- Nokian tires were recommended to me for my 2018 Nissan LEAF by a car guy as great alternatives to "all-season" tires as they are half summer tire and half winter tire so no need to switch tires. While I've found info on their great wet and snow handling, not much on how they impact ride and range. One of the recommended tires from Discount Tire.
Continental CrossContact LX Sport-- The OEM factory tire.

Thoughts?