Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General G-MAX AS-07 Tires on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 60K miles on my 2019 Model X. The General is my 3rd set of tires, replacing the Michelin Cross Climate 2 that was on the car. In 200 miles, here is what I have learned so far with these General G-Max AS-07

Noise = The General is FAR superior than the Michelin Cross Climate. Matter of fact, the General is very close to the OEM Conti in this area
Range = The General is running around 5% more in terms of efficiency (or lack of) compare to the OEM Conti and worn Michelin, but 5-10% more than my Michelin NEW. I only started getting the efficiency on the Michelin when the inside turned bald.
Comfort = The ride is on par with the Michelin and OEM Conti, none really rode that great to begin with. Michelin was probably the best, the General is probably the worst but it isn't anything terrible.
Performance = Sorry it is a Model X and it is my daily driver. I don't drive it hard enough to have any thoughts on it.
Price = The General is less than $800 after rebate, Michelin and Conti are probably over $1500 at this point.

Reactions: FalconWingRide
Why don't you add some camber shims to fix the rear tire issue? Less than $100 in parts, plus $100 alignment. Add $100 if you have the shop install them. You don't want Tesla to align it tho. They'd look at what you have now and say, "within spec".
I did on this set of tires, I didn’t have it before as I didn’t know about it. Plus I hated the Michelins anyway

Reactions: towndrunk