Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the name Pomerantz, except for its spelling. They have advertised for class suits before, probably in search of a nuisance payoff. I think they did at the gtat debacle and I could have been tempted but for knowing their previous. Not an honorable way to make daily bread imho.

I'm pretty sure it's spelled Pomeranian.. almost 100% certain.

Search optimization is an industry. Check out 60 minutes story on Facebook and the 2016 election. A little sideways to search optimization, but interesting how Facebook will embed with the election teams to help them understand and target their markets. It is pretty obvious the Tesla haters know search index optimization. My google news for Tesla is always terrible. The search world of Tesla and Elon is up there with political figures. Definitely a lot of pros out there working to tarnish Tesla and Elon 24x7x365.
Ethical? Legal, no doubt about it. Free speech isn't just for people you like. The gray area would be areas where objectivity is expressed, but subjectivity or subversion is the intent. That is not easy to prove and probably time not well spent by Tesla. The articles thread was setup for TMC believers to help crowd source rational engagement with the haters. Elon fights these guys with product innovation and growing SpaceX and Tesla, the success of which more than negates the haters.

The first amendment speaks only to freedom of speech being abridged by government. We do not have a right to an audience so drowning out a speaker with protest is not considered a violation of the first amendment. Many institutions, TMC included, along with Facebook and others can be creative and flexible about using terms of service. So can private colleges. The case of UC Berkeley is more difficult.

Many here aren't, but I'm happy with the way Audie and the mod gods seem to operate. Facebook has a much larger problem and can do much more on its own but consumer reporting can be more widely encouraged and better implemented.

I was assuming 8 kw per solar roof. Is that too low?

Depending on location, you may be up against a utility-imposed limit. I think my local utility limits you to 8kw, but I'm not sure if that is in theoretical peak power being fed into the grid (AC) or the nameplate power generation (DC). My local utility also doesn't allow islanding, with no provisions for whether you can actually island properly (i.e., disconnect from the utility so that you're not backfeeding), so were I to invest in a Powerwall, it wouldn't do me any good as a whole-house UPS, and the local utility won't let you run the meter past zero on your bill (i.e., you can lower your bill with solar to just maintenance fees, but you can't get paid ) ...

• Informative
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
I've been materially impacted.
Any lawyers out there want to solicit shareholders and investigate the wsj or Mark Spiegel’s hedge fund for making up stuff on tesla to negatively affect share price? I’d like to join in a class action lawsuit against these guys. Any attys on this board?

Damages? Not me I have actually benefitted by buying at dips. Not defending shysters but what are your damages? This does not address possible gov't regulation violations but I doubt a media company falls within those. I agree that WSJ is immoral but IMO they have always been.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Damages? Not me I have actually benefitted by buying at dips. Not defending shysters but what are your damages? This does not address possible gov't regulation violations but I doubt a media company falls within those. I agree that WSJ is immoral but IMO they have always been.
I wish they did a better job at dipping the stock. I set aside $100k to buy on a dip but since I suck at picking lows I always miss it. I thought for sure we'd see the trolls drive it down to $320 or even $310. Damn thing keeps shooting back up to $350+. We need less inept trolls.

Tesla just took it to the next level on fb.
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 7.29.34 PM.png

Does make it a wee-bit fun to see the shorts get hit unexpectedly today. Good fun!

I had quite a bit of exposure accumulated from the 335/331 production delivery dip and yesterday, and to be honest the MS upgrade came as a nice surprise... I fully expected to take a loss on the small weekly position I picked up on Monday.

Still wondering if @MitchJi will see his 310 dip or not. Feels risky being all in cash waiting for that, then again volatility happens. I've gotten better at keeping my long term/medium term/short term ratios at 80/15/5% or something like that rather than 50/25/25 which I indulged in before. The long term is the only game I've made money on over any length of time.

Looked now at the registration data from Norway, Germany, Switzerland and Austria - all of them up nicely in September and YoY. Thats may be different for some countries but obviously numbers are not driven by a few outliners like Norway only but across the board.

Don't see a reason why that demand and production increase should not continue throughout Q4 moving into 2018. Expected 100 k units this year look to me therefore increasingly likely or conservative.

My assumption: with every Tesla on the road the "neighbor envy" factor is kicking in and we will see continuous growth after the early adopters did get the car already. So it gets more and more mainstream as all doubts raised before has been proven not to hold e.g. Range Issues, Missing Loading infrastructure, Batterie deggresion, Costs ..... you name it

My prediction: S&X deliveries in 2018 are likely 120 k to 150 k.

I wish they did a better job at dipping the stock. I set aside $100k to buy on a dip but since I suck at picking lows I always miss it. I thought for sure we'd see the trolls drive it down to $320 or even $310. Damn thing keeps shooting back up to $350+. We need less inept trolls.

I actually had the same problem in March and July. At both times I came very close to making large purchases, but missed.

It took a bit of recalibration of my model to buy the dip on Tuesday.

This, obviously, is a risky move, but TSLA had proven stronger than I thought twice.

Looked now at the registration data from Norway, Germany, Switzerland and Austria - all of them up nicely in September and YoY. Thats may be different for some countries but obviously numbers are not driven by a few outliners like Norway only but across the board.

Don't see a reason why that demand and production increase should not continue throughout Q4 moving into 2018. Expected 100 k units this year look to me therefore increasingly likely or conservative.

My assumption: with every Tesla on the road the "neighbor envy" factor is kicking in and we will see continuous growth after the early adopters did get the car already. So it gets more and more mainstream as all doubts raised before has been proven not to hold e.g. Range Issues, Missing Loading infrastructure, Batterie deggresion, Costs ..... you name it

Production line is designer for 100k units yearly.

Completely agree re: S/X demand. I was just out in San Francisco for a few days and was expecting to see WAY more Teslas than I saw. Sure, it's called the 'Palo Alto Camry' since there are so many down there, but there's tremendous potential for growth in the existing fleet worldwide.

I have no idea why anyone with the means in CA would purchase a BMW/Mercedes/Panamera instead of an S/X.

Reactions: madodel
Status
Not open for further replies.