Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - TSLA will experience heightened volatility in 9 minutes.

not-impressed.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.38.14 AM.png
My interpretation of today's trading so far? The shorts or other entities who wish to avoid seeing a TSLA run-up are cutting off upswings at whole numbers and then trying to push the SP down to the next whole number. The dip at 10 am was the mandatory morning dip and wasn't too successful. Overall, the shorts are losing ground today. Their best hope is to do what they did yesterday, which was to slowly decrease the SP during the low volume late afternoon hours of trading. Unless the macros or some credible bad news comes to their rescue, I think they're going to lose this fight this week to contain the run-up that began with the 2Q ER.

edit:
We may see a return to the red/green/red/green scenario where there's pressure for TSLA to rise and the shorts are putting in a strong enough effort to keep TSLA from rising two days in a row.

Between 12:30pm and 1:30pm the NASDAQ slid down fairly quickly, which led to TSLA also losing ground. Now the NASDAQ looks like it has stabilized. On page 382 of the TSLA short-seller's handbook of dirty tricks, we are told the next obvious strategy of the shorts is to extend the TSLA downtrend for a while longer and hopefully avoid any rekindling of optimism within longs today.

Overall, the strategy we've seen today of minimizing the climbs in hopes of a macro decline have proven somewhat successful for the bears today. Without such intervention, TSLA seems ready to climb. It's a game of chance to a large extent at the moment.

Note: Post moved here from General Discussion thread

Between 12:30pm and 1:30pm the NASDAQ slid down fairly quickly, which led to TSLA also losing ground. Now the NASDAQ looks like it has stabilized. On page 382 of the TSLA short-seller's handbook of dirty tricks, we are told the next obvious strategy of the shorts is to extend the TSLA downtrend for a while longer and hopefully avoid any rekindling of optimism within longs today.

Overall, the strategy we've seen today of minimizing the climbs in hopes of a macro decline have proven somewhat successful for the bears today. Without such intervention, TSLA seems ready to climb. It's a game of chance to a large extent at the moment.

Note: Post moved here from General Discussion thread

As you, I and others have noted, lower volume days devoid of any new positive news will tend to be neutral/down days.
Positive news could crop up at any time but the next news we know of is the semi reveal.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised with an early Sept date for this reveal but it is more likely to be closer to 6 weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.