Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AP feature request, do not turn on under any circumstance if road ends in less then 5 miles.
If AP is already on does the car currently slow down & alert driver of roads ending? ( I don't have AP)

Sorry, @Lump , it does not. Nor does it currently alert you to slowing down off a highway when you signal that you will be taking a ramp/exit

Road ending alert or auto slowdown should be a top priority for driver assistance...AP still has a long way to go.
I think it's expected that the driver knows how to drive a car. People are going to make mistakes and cause accidents no matter what they are driving. The car is not autonomous.

Road ending alert or auto slowdown should be a top priority for driver assistance...AP still has a long way to go.

And cars without autopilot have a much longer way to go. I doubt incidents like this will affect the stock price now that Tesla can immediately point to and remind everyone of the NHTSA report showing autopilot reduces accidents by 40%.

I agree with both these statements. They are not mutually exclusive. AP needs to get better (check). Cars without autopilot have a long way to go (check). Autopilot reduces accidents by 40% (check)

Reactions: neroden and TMSE
And cars without autopilot have a much longer way to go. I doubt incidents like this will affect the stock price now that Tesla can immediately point to and remind everyone of the NHTSA report showing autopilot reduces accidents by 40%.
I am not talking about other OEM's or the stock price, "Road Ending alert" should have been one of the first features way before summons or parallel parking, very fortunate nobody died in this accident because they drove into a marsh & not over a cliff.

I am not talking about other OEM's or the stock price, "Road Ending alert" should have been one of the first features way before summons or parallel parking, very fortunate nobody died in this accident because they drove into a marsh & not over a cliff.

Why? To enable people to pay less attention? If you need a road ending alert you are absolutely not using Autopilot as it is intended to be used.

Chances are extremely small that the Tesla autopilot caused the roll-over. If the driver was not happy with the speed to which the autopilot was accelerating, he should have touched the brake and disconnected the autopilot. This autopilot is not an autonomous driving device, after all. I would say that Tesla can improve their education effort for new drivers, but when Tesla examines the logs for this event they are going to find that the driver failed to intervene while there was time to do so safely.

Yet, Chinese stocks dropped hard apparently. Not sure why or what that will mean for our market.

China Stocks Slide Grips Investors: Kiwi Drops: Markets Wrap

Quote:

Chinese stocks declined amid concern that policies to reduce leverage in Asia’s biggest economy will curb earnings, while equities elsewhere across Asia climbed. The kiwi fell.

End quote.

Other Asian markets were all up.

Here's an article about the change in policies:

Five Takeaways From China's Weekend Meeting on Financial Regulation

So maybe "local" reaction to greater regulation in Chinese financials. Hopefully US markets will be more interested in the expansion number.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: erthquake
Status
Not open for further replies.