Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, contemplating whether I should sell some of my Aug and Sep calls. I had confidence there would be a bigger bump this week up toward $345 but it's looking more like it may trade sideways now for a while with some down risk present. I don't expect any huge surprise with Model 3 reveal in a couple of weeks so there is potential for sell the news at that point. I'm hesitant to sell the short term calls because there is still the potential for a bump into the M3 reveal. However, lacking confidence at this point, it may be best to go ahead and back out. That may be just the catalyst to propel the stock up for others. That has usually been the case lately!

Anyone here use the Stockcharts paid service? I'm using it free but functionality is a bit limited. I'm looking for a chart with fibonacci levels

You can use Twitter (?!). There's a person who posts (option_snipper note the two "p" otherwise you'll get someone else) a lot of TA on Twitter. Lot's of folks also tweet to him and retweet. IIRC one guy who linked to him had a chart of every single Fibonacci level for TSLA. Apparently he had been using it for entry/exit points and was really happy based on his tweet.

So, I'm seeing even *more* FUD coming out in the Google Finance and Yahoo Finance feeds. Just arrant nonsense.

I actually expect to see the FUD and attacks ramp up massively over the next six months (though I think the smart shorts are out now). It's the profit report at the end of Q1 or Q2 2018 which will finally make (most of) the bears give up.

P.S. I am again thinking it was wise of Tesla to get extra capital just before this period. After the FUDsters start to give up it will again be easy to get capital, but it's not a great time to do it when there's an avalance of fake news articles attacking Tesla and Wall Street actually believes it.

Last edited:
So, I'm seeing even *more* FUD coming out in the Google Finance and Yahoo Finance feeds. Just arrant nonsense.

I actually expect to see the FUD and attacks ramp up massively over the next six months (though I think the smart shorts are out now). It's the profit report at the end of Q1 or Q2 2018 which will finally make (most of) the bears give up.

P.S. I am again thinking it was wise of Tesla to get extra capital just before this period. After the FUDsters start to give up it will again be easy to get capital, but it's not a great time to do it when there's an avalance of fake news articles attacking Tesla and Wall Street actually believes it.
You really think, especially the nutballs like whompy, MontanaSugarLoad, TumorFromTheFuture and smeagle will ever give up? Just looking over the #TSLA Twitter feed the FUD is at lunatic levels now. With no real news they are making up everything they can to beat down the SP.

I think we can even fall back to the May price range of ~$300-320. Some were spreading rumors that we could have thousands of M3 in July, and maybe the market was expecting too much. Now it turns out we're getting thousands of M3 in Sep, and the market is dialing back the expectation by 2 months, and we go back to May price range.
Above was my comment on July 5th.

It still looks like the market has dialed back expectation on the M3 by ~2 months, since the volume production of M3 is now expected to happen in Sep instead of Jul. If this expectation is indeed what is driving the PPS, then in a week or so we should start going back up again, similar to end of May.

Reactions: neroden
Looks like we may have found the bottom for the day?
curly-city-slickers-day-aint-over-yet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.