Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got no fear among the short sellers. It appears that Fidelity trick worked, and lowering interest rate resulted in whopping 687k shares borrowed, and presumably shorted (based on sample of the trading screen shots included below). It is quite impressive that all these extra shares for sale were just absorbed without visible impact on SP...

snap1.png

If I remember correctly in Feb, 5 tradings before 2/22 ER (2/20 was holiday), TSLA also hit ATH on 2/14, there was then a brief dip of ~3-4% on Thur-Fri 2/16-17. I'm extremely happy with today's ATH but won't be surprised if we dip towards the end of the week

I'd be surprised, but short-term moves are difficult to predict, so I keep my eye on the long-term ball.

I'd be surprised because there's pent-up upward move on this stock. The SP hasn't priced in the "Gigafactories 3, 4, and possibly 5" announcement yet.

There's a limit to how much "they" can hold this stock down before you have some Chinese buyer scoop up 5% chunk of the company. Oh wait...

Price action:

On 9 February in the "You Called It" prediction thread, I gave year-end 2017's closing price of TSLA as $461-466, with apologies that I couldn't be more specific....

I remain quite comfortable with that, and will stick with it. However... I wouldn't be upset if we broach it. Were I to make the prediction today, my crystal ball would tell me we'll close the year at $488.

Link:Prediction Thread - "You Called It"

===>Just giving all of you the means to call out your Moderator, if ever that need arises<===== :)

$TSLA a few more downgrades and we might be trading at $500 pretty soon
I think the 500$ is far closer then most of you realise. TT007s colourful assertions seem brazen now, but I remember others thinking him outlandish last year when he said the stock would be trading at 300+ by 2017 when it had dropped to 180... those same people are wishing they'd bought in now!

I remember the days when SP was reaching $50 going into the Q1 2013 ER and was going back and forth, in my head, if I should sell, hold, or buy more. I had just started trading stocks after a year or so of investing on paper. Was a total noob and sold some of my holdings.

This go around is different. My position in TSLA is far greater. My understanding of the market is far greater (relatively speaking). My risk tolerance is far greater (though probably just due to slowly acquiring more and more TSLA over the years since then). There's NO chance I'm selling any of my holdings this time. Given capital limitations, I started learning about the options market. Now I have some LEAPs to add to my TSLA holdings.

The single most important bit of information that initially drove me to invest in TSLA was their plans to build out a "Supercharger" (charging) network. This told me they were serious about taking on EV ownership holistically. The map back then was vastly different compared to today. The new supercharger plan again tells me they are attacking the one major hurdle left for EV ownership, apartment/condo dwellers with no garage. I can't wait for the days we replace the word "gas station" with "supercharger."

Status
Not open for further replies.