Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely well stated. Thank you. This is exactly why analysts have a hard time justifying teslas current market cap
There is no doubt that this is a story stock similar to story stocks in 1950s and 1960s and then in 1970s investor Made tons of money in story stocks take for example Xerox , Polaroid and many others. The differences that none of those companies actually changed the world for the better whereas Tesla has the potential of changing several industries across the board and changing American landscape as well as that of the world
Hence I believe that this stock is severely under priced
in stock market what has already happened is considered to be safe and whatever has not happened is considered to be risky therefore it is not surprising that many analysts and investors consider Tesla to be a risk investment
It is not possible to successfully invest in TSLA on a technical basis alone
fundamentals are extremely important
We've had many discussions about tesla and it's ability to change the world for the better. I
Wireless energy transmission from a satellite? Like how Nikola Tesla did

TBH, these back and forth's about Tesla's valuation from the believers and non-believers are becoming a bit repetitive and uninspiring. On the part of believers, I find it naive to say some idealism, be it environmentalism or American dream, is the driving force of the skyrocketing valuation of TSLA. Nothing in the human history was accomplished through idealism. Idealism was a byproduct of human advancement. Human advancement is a product of everyday toil of the humanity as large. It just happened that we are at the dawn of new era not because Tesla single handedly brought the era upon us but because we as humanity have advanced to the era. Tesla seized upon the opportunity and will be rewarded handsomely. That's all.
I think you missed the entire point of my sentiments. I was not crediting Tesla for singlehandedly recreating the American dream of driving the force of technological advancement, I was staying one of the contributions to its success is the idealism behind it. I'm sorry you're bored and uninspired by a discussion on ideology, but its something that was once a very real part of ou culture that has been absent for a long time... so yes it's coming back in a variety of ways, but I wouldn't accuse Tesla of simply taking advantage as capitalist, they have a bigger vision and are creating a culture of consumers who care about the world we live in- and feel inspired to make change. I think selling an idea is perfectly feasible, because doesn't everything simply start as an idea?

No-
Survival is produced from everyday toil.
Advancement is produced ONLY from aspirational idealism
And that drives the wealth of humanity, not the other way around
Not that it matters, but I'm in total disagreement
No-

In light of the moderator's warning, I will drop this after saying only this: Evolution is a not a process of will but of chance.

We've had many discussions about tesla and it's ability to change the world for the better. I

I think you missed the entire point of my sentiments. I was not crediting Tesla for singlehandedly recreating the American dream of driving the force of technological advancement, I was staying one of the contributions to its success is the idealism behind it. I'm sorry you're bored and uninspired by a discussion on ideology, but its something that was once a very real part of ou culture that has been absent for a long time... so yes it's coming back in a variety of ways, but I wouldn't accuse Tesla of simply taking advantage as capitalist, they have a bigger vision and are creating a culture of consumers who care about the world we live in- and feel inspired to make change. I think selling an idea is perfectly feasible, because doesn't everything simply start as an idea?

As if Tesla is the only company that cares? It just happened to align well with many "enlightened" persons with enough money to burn. Don't get me wrong, I have bet on Tesla for my livelihood for the next few years. Anyway, I advise you to read Tolstoy's "War and Peace".

In light of the moderator's warning, I will drop this after saying only this: Evolution is a not a process of will but of chance.
Yes, I agree,
Evolution is a process of chance--
Disruptive advancement (acceleration of evolution)
is the Will to take a chance (advantage the process)
That's the difference
There are times we evolve rapidly because the chanced individual(s) arrive to afford the will to excercise the opportunity -
I think we agree....
We certainly agree this topic should dissolve into tomorrow's opening bell
At which time, I Will take a chance on adding some more TSLA if the market devolves to afford that opportunity. :p

IMG_0076.PNG
$TSLA hourly chart tremendous underlying strength higher prices coming this week maybe as early as tomorrow bollinger breakout coming

Ugh... whats the chance TSLA gaps up tmrw on this China news. I am always left on a bullish Friday deciding between stock purchase on Fri or pre-market Monday (gives some insurance against weekend macro shocks etc).
Sorry my Neuralink is not yet up and running, could you enlighten us on China news? TIA

This type of news have appeared several times over the past year. This time though, I think it has more weight. The original source, Southern Metropolis Daily is one of the largest media outlet in China. This news is also quoted by a number of other big news outlets. This is different from similar "news" in the past. To make it more trustworthy, this news has no other Chinese companies mentioned. The past "news" all have this type of mentions to serve the purpose of boosting the stock price of the mentioned companies. In addition, Tencent's HQ is in Guangdong, which makes this news more credible.

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 11.57.46 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: Ameliorate
I trade 4 myself & AB only
I don't need anyone's business
I make fantastic returns
This is definitely NOT advice to anyone
I do all this for free solely 4 my own entertainment this is definitely not an advice to buy or sell or any soliciting of any kind
$TSLA so do not take me seriously I am wrong very often i'm doing all this for fun and not trying to give anybody any trading ideas
having made all These disclaimers I have a feeling that AB is about to make a killing in the stock market

$TSLA nothing I say should be taken seriously
TA all mumbo jumbo
Reading tea leaves that's all
I definitely do not take myself seriously!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.