Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
according to some of the other characters on the Tesla Discord, some people are getting a new design studio on the Tesla site.

tesla.com/build/models

as opposed to the old one

tesla.com/models/design

It seems to be simplified grouping options into packages and allows you to link back to the old one for a custom config that comes with extended delivery time. Another sign of heading toward a more inventory centric approach? Probably the Model 3 design studio will be more like this.

OKay I felt like a total idiot buying TSLA 4 minutes before the market close today but I forced myself to buy another 1001 shares at $341.60 right before the close
I'm probably going to regret it tomorrow if the SP pulls back but I simply couldn't resist adding at an all time high just before the month of May ended
I may be wrong but my hypothesis being that a strong close to May portends a strong gap up / strong start to June that should spark a multi month rally which should take us to unimaginable highs every successive month not unlike 2013

according to some of the other characters on the Tesla Discord, some people are getting a new design studio on the Tesla site.

tesla.com/build/models

as opposed to the old one

tesla.com/models/design

It seems to be simplified grouping options into packages and allows you to link back to the old one for a custom config that comes with extended delivery time. Another sign of heading toward a more inventory centric approach? Probably the Model 3 design studio will be more like this.

I saw, for a split second, what appeared to be a new UI for the ordering process, and then was quickly redirected to the traditional view.

OKay I felt like a total idiot buying TSLA 4 minutes before the market close today but I forced myself to buy another 1001 shares at $341.60 right before the close

But just yesterday, you said you were DONE!!! LOL.
You need to join a support group for addicted Tesla investors!

This IS advice.... :D:D:D

Using a desktop I saw what looks like the mobile site load, then a second later it flipped to the normal desktop UI.
It is not the mobile UI. it is a new one.

I have the same situation too, I get redirected back to the old one.

One of the other people I talk to is getting the new one. Seems like Tesla is doing some kind of A/B testing with it.

.eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8ACKIAL-hiBBo7aE1uxhs39fL3OYr3rGpVa1i3ReAbaDC41Ns9DIrepG1K6a-8G60A1ZJJf9rigMNkY7eR9MSkuyxlkDbko-RBdMMPPy-taDJ9IHdcemfn8IKCLe.l1zdFx87-0hsoBgsHfgZYavfIiE

It's an encouraging sign that today potential buyers and sellers of TSLA generally ignored:

1) The market averages being down (yesterday too)
2) Solar stocks moving well down due to Trump's ambivalence on the Paris climate change agreement
3) Musk's threat to resign from two presidential councils (see #2)
4) Zacks* pre-market downgrade of TSLA to Strong Sell

* In my opinion, Zacks is out of its league regarding innovative young companies like Tesla, that invest into growth opportunities what would otherwise be profits. Zacks primarily considers analysts' revisions to earnings estimates. As they put it, "Earnings estimate revisions are the most powerful force impacting stock prices."

Last edited:
It is not the mobile UI. it is a new one.

I have the same situation too, I get redirected back to the old one.

One of the other people I talk to is getting the new one. Seems like Tesla is doing some kind of A/B testing with it.

.eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8ACKIAL-hiBBo7aE1uxhs39fL3OYr3rGpVa1i3ReAbaDC41Ns9DIrepG1K6a-8G60A1ZJJf9rigMNkY7eR9MSkuyxlkDbko-RBdMMPPy-taDJ9IHdcemfn8IKCLe.l1zdFx87-0hsoBgsHfgZYavfIiE
I get redirected to fast to even get a screen capture of the /build/model_ screen. Do you have pics of the Color page and the Upgrade page?

It's an encouraging sign regarding TSLA, that today market participants generally ignored:

1) The market averages being down (yesterday too)
2) Solar stocks moving well down due to Trump's ambivalence on the Paris climate change agreement
3) Musk's threat to resign from two presidential councils (see #2)
4) Zacks* pre-market downgrade of TSLA to Strong Sell

* In my opinion, Zacks is out of its league with innovative young companies like Tesla, that invest into growth what would otherwise be profits. Zacks primarily considers analysts' revisions to earnings estimates. As they put it, "Earnings estimate revisions are the most powerful force impacting stock prices."

Out of 4500 analysts and 20000 fund managers, 30 of them deserve some attention. Zacks is worthless.

99% US, 98% global and 97% EM funds have failed to beat their benchmark since 2006. Those beat probably by chance.

Last edited:
So, when Kallo said the share price could surge over $500 with a successful Model 3 launch, it was based on the $300 or so we had been at. What happens if we are sitting at $400 or even higher going into July and a flawless launch happen?

Don't expect a flawless launch. Even experienced car manufacturers with decades of experience have issues. Honda's newest CR-V shipped with a software bug that could under some conditions cause the car's electronics to completely drain the 12V battery while parked. Many customers had to get firmware updates to stop this.

I'd be surprised if Tesla didn't hit some kind of snag with suppliers or bugs in the first few months.

2018 is where the rubber hits the road. A successful scaling to run rate of 500k units/year will prove that Tesla is more than a boutique manufacturer.

Zero
That's my net worth
It's all made up
I don't have any millions
I can make up any damn number out of the blue and post it online with no way for anyone to verify it
I can write that I have 3000 shares or 30000 or 60000 or 6 million shares
Why do you think I have to work 7 days a week
If I had millions do you think I'd be working 7 days a week
Okay since you're so damn curious about my net worth I'll tell you exactly
I have a total of 300 shares of TSLA
And 2 calls
I love to exaggerate my position by 100 times just to stoke my ego
End of discussion
(And I'm not wasting my time posting any philosophical discussions. I can think of 20 different things that I can do this evening rather than waste my time to explaining my net worth)
Have fun!!!

Thanks for posting your real possision. I rememeber you posted your possisiion when you had 280 shares as well, some time ago, but ithe post dround in the massive postings here. I think the better way on TMC is to be frank, and not use 100 multipliser. Your choice on what to do on Twitter, is up to you, but I prefer your posts here on TMC to not beeing to strike your ego, but to contribute to common knowledge. I have found at lot of your postings interesting, even when I know you use the 100 multipliser.

Thanks for posting your real possision. I rememeber you posted your possisiion when you had 280 shares as well, some time ago, but ithe post dround in the massive postings here. I think the better way on TMC is to be frank, and not use 100 multipliser. Your choice on what to do on Twitter, is up to you, but I prefer your posts here on TMC to not beeing to strike your ego, but to contribute to common knowledge. I have found at lot of your postings interesting, even when I know you use the 100 multipliser.

Wenche, if you really think TT007 used a 100 multiplier, you probably should stick with indexes. No offense, a good investor should be able to tell which part is obviously not true.

Trimmed my position by selling 30% of TSLA today. My rationale, and this is just me, is having learned a few lessons back when similar opportunity presented itself and I did not take profits.

So, my main points in doing this:
- needed the funds for an important life purchase and savor those gains
- run-up is getting too good too fast
- still have 70% skin in case run up continues

Not an advice, just sharing.
I read over the weekend equivalent of this forum from 2013, March, April, May. From what I can tell, what's happened so far this year, in terms of SP, isn't even a warm-up.
Having said that, I too have scars of jumping in TSLA too early (Feb 2015), so am more comfortable missing part of the gain, rather than experience one more harrowing ride downhill. So for a first time last few years, I'm basically unleveraged, around 100% TSLA. I figured this is a good sign market has shaken weak hands, I mean they scared _me_ couple of times, enough to shed all my leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.