Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's branding that just vaulted Tesla beyond every other ICE supercar builder, in every conceivable way. You can go 0 - 60 in 1.9, have company in the car with you AND luggage.

AND go 620 miles not to forget.

"Hold on, I just need to beat this formula 1 car on 0-60 and then we can drive on vacation for much cheaper fuel cost than a Toyota Corolla" :eek:

AND go 620 miles not to forget.

"Hold on, I just need to beat this formula 1 car on 0-60 and then we can drive on vacation for much cheaper fuel cost than a Toyota Corolla" :eek:

Well, seriously. Who's going to get 620 miles of range in that beauty? But you're right. A car that shames everything else AND takes you to the in-laws two states away for a couple of bucks - priceless. Well actually not priceless: $250,000 :D

Well, seriously. Who's going to get 620 miles of range in that beauty? But you're right. A car that shames everything else AND takes you to the in-laws two states away for a couple of bucks - priceless. Well actually not priceless: $250,000 :D
Taken into consideration that a formula 1 team cost something around $200-600 million for a two car team, I would say this is a steal.

This will at least be the reasoning for the loan officer at my bank in a few years.

Keep in mind this car is competing against the world's best hypercars that retail for ~$1m+

It's not really competing with any other car, it has no peers.

And don't forget the maintenance costs on those hypercards are stupidly high, plus I heard once on the Bugatti Veyron you have to change the tyres every 200 miles, or something like that.

Reactions: KLC13
Sorry for all the posts, but just caught-up with everything and wanted to say how much I enjoyed the event. As someone said, this was how they should be. Had to pick my jaw up off the ground several times.I recall we were saying that the range of the semi should be over 200 miles, I never in my dreams imagined 500, and then 620 for the Roadster, wow, just wow.

And what about MegaChargers? Not much talk of that, but this implied 1mWh, no? I wonder if this technology will trickle-down to the cars...?

So proud be an investor in Tesla and I'm not ashamed to admit that I had a tear in my eye at the end of the show, utterly fantastic!

Update: what about that 200kWh battery? I'm pretty sure that won't be with current technology, would be way too heavy and voluminous. So perhaps some breakthrough there or just incremental updates combined with lighter weight and super-slippery car??

I'm so excited that I can't sleep, but I suppose it is 11:30AM and I am at the office...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.