Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The German press ist all over the cancellation of the SHW order.

They refer to an 'Achsgetriebepumpe', which is a pump with an attached gearshaft.

Getriebepumpe

Take this as my understanding. I am not an engineer and not good at English.

Thanks a lot for this. Now it all makes sense - this particular type of centrifugal pump need electric drive, but also a gear as it operates at very high speeds.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
I don't need you putting it to words here. You might as well have written poetry. We don't talk about the elephants in the room. What part of that is so hard for people around here to understand? :(
The part where I thought your avatar was an elephant for the longest time. I still see it from time to time. I know it's not now....deceptive little thumbnail

Anyone a tiny bit concerned about the VIX being at its lowest point since January 1st 2007, at the same time most stocks being are near all time highs? For the most part, the only stocks that have rallied since January 1st are the ones that ended flat- significantly down last year due to concerns that turned out to not be merited. (Tesla being a great example since analysts basically spent all last year highlighting potential risks, most of which never manifested as justification for keeping their expectations extremely low).

A little concerned most of the stocks that rallied because of Trump winning, rallied for I'll informed reasons. Or I supppse it's always possible Trump "broke the stock market" by confusing the heck out of all traders and automated trading software.

Maybe "Does Not Compute" = Rally until it becomes clear what policies Trump will implement and the way they will effect the economy? ¯\_(ツ)_/

Either Trump wants to show complete disregard for the health of Planet Earth. (Believing it will bring about the Divine or Alien intervention?) or his "public statements/rhetoric" are intended to highlight the problems in the USA, to get people to pay attention, and to get involved/wake up from the complacency exhibited by many people today?

Thoughts?

An interesting perspective explained by Peter Theil:

The full version of his speech:

Last edited:
Parallels with the Great Recession? Precursor to war? One difference is the foolish Iraq invasion which has created all kinds of hell for Europe and the Middle East. We really suffer when we elect presidents who are amateurs, unsophisticated about the real world outside the U.S. or internally.
Looking at the pre-WWI history of Kaiser Wilhelm's Germany, there are some really unpleasant parallels with the behavior of the US. I'd like us to get off this path, personally.

(Kaiser Wilhlem was notoriously unsophisticated about the real world, and I'm not sure he really qualified even as an amateur...)

Looking at the pre-WWI history of Kaiser Wilhelm's Germany, there are some really unpleasant parallels with the behavior of the US. I'd like us to get off this path, personally.

(Kaiser Wilhlem was notoriously unsophisticated about the real world, and I'm not sure he really qualified even as an amateur...)

I wouldn't go so far, I'm not freaked out, as an Italian I feel I know characters like Trump (Berlusconi) as long as Xi or Putin don't mock Donalds little hands we will be fine.

I wouldn't go so far, I'm not freaked out, as an Italian I feel I know characters like Trump (Berlusconi) as long as Xi or Putin don't mock Donalds little hands we will be fine.
Good. I actually think Trump was a deviation from the "Kaiser" trend which I've been watching since the end of the Cold War; the isolationism, if it sticks, is a refreshing change from imperialism. Trump is more like Andrew Jackson from US history.

• Disagree
  • Love
Reactions: FANGO and madodel
  • Funny
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt

Barbara Tuchman claims the Kaiser exclaimed on learning of, I guess, Russian mobilization, "mien godt, if grandmother were alive this never would have happened." (Pardon my German.) Oh for the days when morality in international politics was a possibility, according to Hans Morgenthau who was my teacher, "when monarchical dynasties deliberately intermarried." We are so much more careless these days.

Reactions: neroden
Good. I actually think Trump was a deviation from the "Kaiser" trend which I've been watching since the end of the Cold War; the isolationism, if it sticks, is a refreshing change from imperialism. Trump is more like Andrew Jackson from US history.

Maybe one of the reasons he is so under fire is that his isolationism is in contrast to the imperialistic factions in the U.S. government and of course he has a tendency to say controversial to outrages things.

BTW. A cool book for the topic WW1 is this one
Amazon.com: The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914 (9780061146664): Christopher Clark: Books

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and madodel
Status
Not open for further replies.