Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we don't want to totally destroy their heart and will right off. Got to let them think they've got a snowball's chance before crushing them. ;)

So far, no automaker has generated returns from electric cars similar to those reaped from combustion-engine vehicles, because of high spending on power-storage technologyi.

Tesla after all loses money on every car that they sell.

Tesla Q2 2017 Production and deliveries states....

"We always want our customers to experience the newest versions of Model S and X while their cars are in service, so we added fully loaded, newly built cars to our service loaner fleet. We always want the service loaner Tesla to be *better* than the customer car being serviced."

Does anyone know.... are the loaners 100kwh?

Mine wasn't. New X75D with the new faster drive unit. Very noticable difference in responsiveness and acceleration. Felt like driving an S90D.

Reactions: SpaceCash
On the one hand I don't expect VW to tell the press "we're ****ed, Tesla has us by the gnads "

On the other hand Mercedes just had a work slow down in protest when they announced their new battery pack assembly factory and investments in BEVs. Engine and transmission employees are freaked out. They should be.

So it is a careful line to walk. But acknowledging that when it comes to BEVs the most important "scale" is battery cells would reassure forward thinking investors.

MB is at least investing in battery plants. Atleast 2 that I have read about recently, most recent 750M in China. What bugs me about VW is that they have like 20+ cars coming including Audi and Porsche. But still no clear plan announced about how they are going to supply batteries.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I'm not trying to be right. I'm simply trying to be a billionaire

Don't try too hard. Believe me it must be a problem. One of my ex-students is an extremely successful personal injury lawyer whose saved and invested piles. Richest person I know.

After he hit the big time he worried, "how do I know if they love me?" He's now happily married, but had two earlier "training" attempts. Musk, on the other hand....

I know marriage is not the only solution, but with my 40 year younger Buddhist wife things have never been better for me even though I am a totally extinguished professor.

Actually, I think it's easier than that. Elon recently reiterated that the Model 3 is about 'efficiency' rather than performance like the S and X. So the software that manages the battery et al...will be different, thusly more miles. And yeah, I expect the Model 3 to have at least one mile more range than the Bolt - that'll be important to Elon.

He said that in relation to the 2170 battery pack in the S/X. He said it was about lower cost not higher performance. My argument to that is don't you want to save money on S/X battery packs too? And the pack is cheaper because it's less material and thus lighter.

He said that in relation to the 2170 battery pack in the S/X. He said it was about lower cost not higher performance. My argument to that is don't you want to save money on S/X battery packs too? And the pack is cheaper because it's less material and thus lighter.

Never heard him say it in regards to any battery pack, let alone the 2170's. He said simply that the Model 3 was being built for straight up efficiencies unlike the S & X which focused a lot on performance. And then a few days later the smaller S & X battery vehicles saw significant 0 - 60 time improvements via a firmware update.

For those who haven't seen this clip of South Australia's premier Jay Weatherill giving a public smack-down to Australia's Federal Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg, I would really encourage you to find the 3 minutes it takes to watch it. Jay Weatherill is a friggin' stud. Can you imagine the governers of either California, Oregon, or Washington giving a similar verbal beating to the head of any of the current or previous administration energy policy managers.........or better yet, to Mitch McConnell over his coal visions? I would watch that over and over until my TV broke. While we have given plenty of much deserved credit on this board to Elon and Mike Cannon-Brookes for the South Australia project, I think it is imperative that we remind ourselves and others just how far Jay Weatherill had to stick his neck out to help make this happen in the fossil fuel friendly climate of Australia (similar to the US). Rock On Jay! Here is the link:

Jay Weatherill gives Josh Frydenberg a serve at bizarre media conference – video

For those who haven't seen this clip of South Australia's premier Jay Weatherill giving a public smack-down to Australia's Federal Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg, I would really encourage you to find the 3 minutes it takes to watch it. Jay Weatherill is a friggin' stud. Can you imagine the governers of either California, Oregon, or Washington giving a similar verbal beating to the head of any of the current or previous administration energy policy managers.........or better yet, to Mitch McConnell over his coal visions? I would watch that over and over until my TV broke. While we have given plenty of much deserved credit on this board to Elon and Mike Cannon-Brookes for the South Australia project, I think it is imperative that we remind ourselves and others just how far Jay Weatherill had to stick his neck out to help make this happen in the fossil fuel friendly climate of Australia (similar to the US). Rock On Jay! Here is the link:

Jay Weatherill gives Josh Frydenberg a serve at bizarre media conference – video

Real live entertainment at its best. Good on him! And I hope for nothing more than this project to go without a hitch, get done early and be a raging success for South Australia and all those involved.

MB is at least investing in battery plants. Atleast 2 that I have read about recently, most recent 750M in China. What bugs me about VW is that they have like 20+ cars coming including Audi and Porsche. But still no clear plan announced about how they are going to supply batteries.

The MB plant in Germany is to assemble battery packs with cells purchased on the open market.

I can't imagine a single OEM not opening a battery cell factory in China when they must sell 8% BEVs in 2019 and it increases after that. Or least a battery partner where they have guaranteed access to X number of cells.

Don't try too hard. Believe me it must be a problem. One of my ex-students is an extremely successful personal injury lawyer whose saved and invested piles. Richest person I know.

After he hit the big time he worried, "how do I know if they love me?" He's now happily married, but had two earlier "training" attempts. Musk, on the other hand....

I know marriage is not the only solution, but with my 40 year younger Buddhist wife things have never been better for me even though I am a totally extinguished professor.
Professor, you're the Champ! 40 years younger...you're a multibillionaire in my eyes. I hope to be like you when I grow up

Professor, you're the Champ! 40 years younger...you're a multibillionaire in my eyes. I hope to be like you when I grow up

Yes, every man AND woman should be married to someone 40 years their junior because you know a) totally possible and *cool* and b) they'll be on the same page family, career and just generally living life-wise. :rolleyes:

If it works for 'The Professor' and his wife, awesome. Not something I'd recommend for the common human being for obvious reasons. Oh, have to go. My 40 year older than me spouse needs help getting off the toilet. ;)

THANKS' That one is going in my archives.:cool:;)

Reactions: Paracelsus
Tesla Q2 2017 Production and deliveries states....

"We always want our customers to experience the newest versions of Model S and X while their cars are in service, so we added fully loaded, newly built cars to our service loaner fleet. We always want the service loaner Tesla to be *better* than the customer car being serviced."

Does anyone know.... are the loaners 100kwh?

I've never had a top of the line loaner.

Reactions: MikeC and neroden
If it works for 'The Professor' and his wife, awesome. Not something I'd recommend for the common human being for obvious reasons. Oh, have to go. My 40 year older than me spouse needs help getting off the toilet. ;)

We've been married almost 14 years. From the outset she volunteered to change my diapers. (Then not needed; now a bit on long trips.) Then I found out she could cook. (She didn't know she could, but she can taste ingredients in the wildest mixtures and repeat in even better ratios.) She also got an A (with minimal help from me) in a college survey course in chemistry covering more ground in one semester than the two semester course I took at MIT 50 years earlier. She's stunning, and really frightening. Anytime she hears me talk about our holdings in TSLA reaching a million dollars she smile's wickedly, "then I'll have a baby." I understand the mating game from a whole new perspective; his last words: "it's like being a male spider." The Thai have a word that sounds like "krangjai," fearful respect. She also has quick-action elbows when I say something particularly stupid in public.

TT007 be happy. There may be more in store than your stories tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.