Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have recently bought a 2016 model s about 55k miles and the range tops out at about 170. I tried to charge it with mobile charger after using public charger to try to get more range and it will not currently charge from mobile charger. I am new to tesla so any thoughts ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your new purchase.

You didn't state which Model S. Perhaps a 75 or 75D? Assuming an S75, which originally had 249 miles of range, 170 seems quite low (68%). Did you charge to 100%? Are there any error messages?

When using the Mobile charger, what color is the ring on the charge port? Do you get any error messages in the car? Depending on the charger (likely Gen1) the charger box on the plug side has LEDs. Do these light up and are they green or red or flashing red? For flashing red, count the number of flashes between pauses. The manual has more details on what the different indicators/flashes mean. If no LEDs light up, are you sure the plug you are using has power?

Reactions: mbeadnell0622@
Congrats on your new purchase.

You didn't state which Model S. Perhaps a 75 or 75D? Assuming an S75, which originally had 249 miles of range, 170 seems quite low (68%). Did you charge to 100%? Are there any error messages?

When using the Mobile charger, what color is the ring on the charge port? Do you get any error messages in the car? Depending on the charger (likely Gen1) the charger box on the plug side has LEDs. Do these light up and are they green or red or flashing red? For flashing red, count the number of flashes between pauses. The manual has more details on what the different indicators/flashes mean. If no LEDs light up, are you sure the plug you are using has power?
I reset the tesla mobile charger by pressing red reset button on back. Now is charging. I took to charge point charger earlier and used tesla adapter and it worked fine.