Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Roadster 1.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up for sale is my 2008 Tesla Roadster (VIN #113). I took ownership in April 2016 and it has been my daily driver since then. Mileage currently sits at ~47,000 miles and will increase as I continue driving it. It has been a solid car and has cost less to maintain than my Model S. I would love to hold on to it forever, but it's time for me to get back into something more practical for family and work.

Asking $52,000 OBO.

Details:
  • Thunder Gray exterior. Two-tone black/red interior.
  • Silver forged aluminum wheels.
  • Charges to 154 miles in standard mode. Last range charge was two years ago - reached 210 miles then. Probably less now.
  • Body color hard top - rarely used and stored indoors.
  • Torklift EcoHitch installed - good for cargo carrier or bicycle rack.

Charging equipment included:
  • Original MC240 cable (plugs into NEMA 14-50). Will include a defunct MC120 cable which may be repairable.
  • CAN JR and SR adapters. These enable charging via J1772 and Model S/X/3 connectors. Will do 240V @ 70A on a capable Tesla wall connector.

Service History:
  • Annual service performed by Tesla North Houston Service Center in June 2016, June 2017, and April 2018. Clean bill of health each visit.
  • Rear inner toe links replaced at 47K miles. Alignment subsequently performed by Gas Head Motorworks in Houston, TX.
  • Coolant pump replaced at 42K miles.
  • Rear swaybar end links replaced at 40K miles.
  • A/C condenser and keyless entry module replaced at 27K miles.

The Bad:
  • This car is not a garage queen, but I'd give the exterior an 8/10. The wheels have some nicks that could be touched up. There is a scratch on the rear clamshell on the passenger side that was touched up (before my time).
  • TPMS - The module throws an error when first starting up. Tesla has verified that the 4 individual sensors are good, but the module and its antennas would need to be replaced to make the error go away. Parts and labor were quoted at $1,117. I opted to leave this alone as the car still displays tire pressure readings and I can live with an easily dismissable error message.
  • Rear tires are almost at the wear bars.

IMG_4969.jpg

Will have more pictures after I get it cleaned up.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Up for sale is my 2008 Tesla Roadster (VIN #113). I took ownership in April 2016 and it has been my daily driver since then. Mileage currently sits at ~47,000 miles and will increase as I continue driving it. It has been a solid car and has cost less to maintain than my Model S. I would love to hold on to it forever, but it's time for me to get back into something more practical for family and work.

Asking $52,000 OBO.

Details:
  • Thunder Gray exterior. Two-tone black/red interior.
  • Silver forged aluminum wheels.
  • Charges to 154 miles in standard mode. Last range charge was two years ago - reached 210 miles then. Probably less now.
  • Body color hard top - rarely used and stored indoors.
  • Torklift EcoHitch installed - good for cargo carrier or bicycle rack.

Charging equipment included:
  • Original MC240 cable (plugs into NEMA 14-50). Will include a defunct MC120 cable which may be repairable.
  • CAN JR and SR adapters. These enable charging via J1772 and Model S/X/3 connectors. Will do 240V @ 70A on a capable Tesla wall connector.

Service History:
  • Annual service performed by Tesla North Houston Service Center in June 2016, June 2017, and April 2018. Clean bill of health each visit.
  • Rear inner toe links replaced at 47K miles. Alignment subsequently performed by Gas Head Motorworks in Houston, TX.
  • Coolant pump replaced at 42K miles.
  • Rear swaybar end links replaced at 40K miles.
  • A/C condenser and keyless entry module replaced at 27K miles.

The Bad:
  • This car is not a garage queen, but I'd give the exterior an 8/10. The wheels have some nicks that could be touched up. There is a scratch on the rear clamshell on the passenger side that was touched up (before my time).
  • TPMS - The module throws an error when first starting up. Tesla has verified that the 4 individual sensors are good, but the module and its antennas would need to be replaced to make the error go away. Parts and labor were quoted at $1,117. I opted to leave this alone as the car still displays tire pressure readings and I can live with an easily dismissable error message.
  • Rear tires are almost at the wear bars.

View attachment 329574

Will have more pictures after I get it cleaned up.

Car looks great good luck with the sale...

Reactions: Tex EV