Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.50.114 and a map update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2.50.114 with the map update. On the good side, we love matching the key fob to the driver profiles (I too have a small wife) and getting the 5 equalizer settings. I also think the autopilot nagging has been reduced. On the down side, I can confirm what others have said about the equalizer settings not staying where you put them once you power down. Frustrating.

However the biggest downside of the software update is that autopilot off of highways will now only engage for the posted speed limit (originally there was no limit, then it was 5 mph over the limit and now it's 0 over the limit). At least in New England where we live, the posted limit is always much slower than you'd be willing to drive, so autopilot is now useless to me off of the highway. Another sad victory for risk managers over customers.

It's a little sad that where updates used to be 100% exciting, they are now a mix of excitement and dread of lost functionality.

Any Autopilot changes to improve the handling or to decrease the stupid nags? How is the speed limit to the speed limit exactly on non-freeways?
Anyone care to comment on these items? I am still refusing to install this update. My car would still be happily on 7.1 if it weren't for some stupid Service Center employee accidentally installing 8.0 when they weren't supposed to. I also have not received a maps update.

A shout out to Tesla. A day or two ago I received the latest update (sorry I don't have the precise release number handy) and it fixed both of my complaints. We can now autosteer at 5 mph over the posted limit on non-divided highways (though 10 mph would be ideal) and the fader settings stay in place overnight. Nicely responsive and quick fix Tesla. I appreciate it.

My car was at the local service center yesterday. They checked on the map update - and claimed I was running the latest map, even though I haven't had a map update notice for over a year - and the current map still has the same problems as the late 2015 map update.

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear