Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.50.114 and a map update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I get to create and manually select an exit profil to make it less difficult to exit the car, something my Infiniti does magically on its own. Okay, so now the profile linked to a fob thinks it's a good idea to move everything back to my saved driving position as I open the door? Before I'm seated? To that same position that would have required the dexterity and contortions of a circus oddity to extricate my butt in the first place?

SMH. Please tell me the wording on the release note is wrong, and the seat and steering wheel move once the door is actually closed. These are smart people, they can't have done something so idiotic. It must be poorly written docs, right?

I think they were thinking of situations where one person is TINY and the other person not so tiny. If the TINY person gets out of the car without moving the seat back, it's hard for the not so tiny person to get in. If the seat moves as soon as the door is opened then it's easier on the not so tiny person.

That said, I agree that this crap needs to work like an Infiniti. When the car is turned off/door is opened, move the seat back and the steering wheel out of the way. The person getting into the car can select a profile once they are seated.

But, my read of the release note implies the seat/steering wheel moves to the drivers profile (detected fob) driving position, which it should only do once seated and the door is closed.

Ideally the fob should trigger the correct position in your example, moving to the exit position on ingress if not already there, and the driving position once seated, door closed, and foot on brake to start.

Thinking they need to hire a programmer from SpaceX as it's sounding like rocket science :eek:. It's not that hard...

I think they were thinking of situations where one person is TINY and the other person not so tiny. If the TINY person gets out of the car without moving the seat back, it's hard for the not so tiny person to get in. If the seat moves as soon as the door is opened then it's easier on the not so tiny person.

That said, I agree that this crap needs to work like an Infiniti. When the car is turned off/door is opened, move the seat back and the steering wheel out of the way. The person getting into the car can select a profile once they are seated.

This is us. Wife is 4'8" and I used to barely be able to get into the car to hit my profile. Now the seat moves before I get in. Love it.

Anything else in the release notes? Anyone drive AP1 and notice any improvements? I'm boycotting this update for now because the the speed restriction implemented on roads from +5 over to 0 over.

I received firmware 2.50.114 yesterday, no speed limitations with TACC / Autosteering in Switzerland !

NO sign of "notice the 0.40 SFR idle fee note that appears with all the little "amenities icons" in the supercharger data block.

My wife is 13" shorter than I am, so this is a big issue for us, too. But I think I'll solve it by linking my fob to the exit profile I've set up, and after getting in, manually select my profile.

As for the updates, I got the new features but no new map. Facelift 75D with AP1.0.

I decided not to use this feature because I select my Exit profile before I get out of the car and what I prefer when I get back in to the car.

Reactions: Chopr147
Anyone with an AP 2 car received this update?
I'm trying to tease this from ev-fw.com and teslafi.com, without doing the detail work of downloading the entire ev-fw.com database and sorting it in Excel but just using the interactive tables in existence, and so far, none. If I get a minute, I'll download the ev-fw.com full data and edit this message.

So you never, ever leave your car at a valet only location? How about a Tesla SC?

The thing is, there's no guarantee your exit profile will be active for easy ingress.

No, I have never used valet service with my Tesla and I don't care if Tesla Service changes my seating preference. I have only been there 2x to have the tires rotated in the past 12 months, so only a minor inconvenience when I get into the car after service.

Reactions: Chopr147