Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you describe what you mean here in some more detail? I'm presuming you mean something significantly different from the OEM Aero wheels.

Right now all the wheels I've seen on various sites either have square spokes, similar to the 19" OE wheels, turbine spokes, or disks (and there aren't very many that are disks and most of those look rather weird as they aren't true disks). I was thinking of spokes that had a teardrop profile (rounded on the leading edge and tapered on the trailing edge). This would required both right and left wheels. It should reduce drag while keeping a more conservative appearance.

I find it interesting that there were numerous discussions about the direction of the spokes ("same on each side of the car?") for the original OEM turbines, but nobody's brought it up yet for the aftermarket ones. :)

They are definitely spinning in opposite directions Brianman, just like the 21s. Driver's side is a fan, passenger's side is a propeller...compared to the stock 19s, I feel a constant pull the the right! JK, of course.

FYI to other Rial owners, I ordered the Titanium center caps from Tire Rack ($6 ea) and they are a nice match for the gunmetal. Unlike the silver caps, they do not have an embossed RIAL logo, but are just a sticker on slightly domed plastic. Might be a good option for painting and applying RogBMW stickers, like CarerraScott did. And as he indicated previously, the caps are difficult to remove once the wheels are on. I used a suction cup from ACE hardware, look in the Christmas decorations section. The huge one with the big plastic hook is too big, the second largest is perfect.

I am still waiting for the 3DStickers Tesla Ts to arrive, and I am hoping they will fit onto the domed surface. If not, I may need to order the flat chrome ones Artsci acquired. Artsi, do you happen to have a link for that eBay item?

I find it interesting that there were numerous discussions about the direction of the spokes ("same on each side of the car?") for the original OEM turbines, but nobody's brought it up yet for the aftermarket ones. :)

Actually that's why I didn't order the Luganos at first - because on one side of the car it looks like the "fan blades" are going backwards. I was thinking only about appearance, not aerodynamics. But then the wheels I ordered (Avarus AV-8) were delayed so I switched to the Luganos. I figure you can't see both sides of the car at once, so when you look at only 2 wheels at a time, it'll look fine.

Received my 3DCarStickers order today, a two week delivery time from Ukraine. The stickers are of a very high quality, but unfortunately the dark grey I ordered is not a good match for the gunmetal finish on the Luganos. They also may be a mm shy of 60mm diameter. The stickers have a nice domed edge, and would fit nicely inside a flat center cap circle, like Artsci's. I may order another set and specify Silver T on Black background and try that out, though for now I have switched to the gunmetal non-embossed caps.

Here is a pic showing the standard silver center caps with the embossed logo, the spare set of gunmetal non-embossed caps I ordered from Tire Rack, and the 3DCarStickers.

3DCarStickers vs RIAL caps 1.JPG

Received my 3DCarStickers order today, a two week delivery time from Ukraine. The stickers are of a very high quality, but unfortunately the dark grey I ordered is not a good match for the gunmetal finish on the Luganos. They also may be a mm shy of 60mm diameter. The stickers have a nice domed edge, and would fit nicely inside a flat center cap circle, like Artsci's. I may order another set and specify Silver T on Black background and try that out, though for now I have switched to the gunmetal non-embossed caps.

Here is a pic showing the standard silver center caps with the embossed logo, the spare set of gunmetal non-embossed caps I ordered from Tire Rack, and the 3DCarStickers.

View attachment 36468

JakeP when we order these from TireRack what should be ask for " Gunmetal Nonembossed Rial Centercaps"? Also, how do we order from 3Dsticker.com What do we ask for? And should we ask for 61mm instead of 60mm for perfect fit?

Last edited:
Ok so I call TireRack to have the Rial Titanium Center Cap added onto my order. And the sales person is saying it is exactly the same center cap that comes with the Gunmetal wheel. I had them add it to the order anyway since I believe JakeP rather than this bozo. I can always return if its wrong. Why does Rial make a wheel with nonmatching center cap anyway?

When you get your tires delivered from tirerack, are they all balanced and everything? No need to go to a shop to have them put on? Do you just jack the car up yourselves and swap the tires on - no need to re-alignment or anything? Just curious...I've always gone to a tire/wheel shop to have them mounted.

Interesting… I just ordered black-on-silver stickers from 3DCarStickers for silver Rial Luganos. I ordered 58mm so that the stickers wouldn't hang over the 1mm bevel on the edges. Now I see in Jake's pictures that they aren't really stickers, they are thick plastic discs, so 60mm or even 61mm might have been better. Too late to change my order but I think it'll look OK.

Also, I asked them to use the "new" T logo with the thicker cross bar on the T from http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14873&d=1358649465 and they said they would.

I'll post pictures when they arrive.