Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V battery trouble

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
Great photo, so my next question is where can I get one of the 12V batteries? What are the ratings?
What they want to replace it, out of warranty, is way too much.
Was thinking of hauling it out and heading to an auto-parts store. But figured I'd ask before doing that.

-Scotty

I am sure this is covered in another thread, but here is a battery chart. I got mine at Tires Plus (a regional tire store, but I am sure you can find them anywhere.)
battery comparison.png

Mine wasn't, and it failed a week after my annual service resulting in another Ranger service call. Then the mounting bracket fell apart and another Ranger service was required to fix that.

It appears some local service centers have taken to replacing the battery automatically, but it does not appear to be a corporate policy.

Yeah, mine died about a year after I got the car. Then it died again about 5 months after the annual service and end of the warranty. Clearly they were NOT changing it proactively at my center. They work on Roadsters so rarely, I think they underestimate the effort, because they have to research what to do. Their primary function is to deliver the S.

So, I did it myself. And posted it. A thanks to you guys for giving me the nerve to take it on.

Replacing the 12V aux Battery