Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100th Supercharger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Limon, CO and Salina, KS are coming online in ~2 weeks. I imagine there will be some timing the 100th SC with July 4th, or right before.

Now that I think about it, being able to travel from St. Louis to all the way out west is kind of a big deal. Since the St. Louis Arch is "The Gateway to the West", it's significance might be marketing gold for Independence Day.

Last edited:
Well it's looking like Indio, Wickenburg, Cordes, and Salina are in the running to be #100, with Oxnard, Tifton, and Greenville as long shots.

Looks like #100 will be early July, but we could be surprised...

Is there a dark horse out there that we don't know about yet?

Last edited:
It now looks like that the event of the 100th Tesla Supercharger station to go live in the US will take place after July 1st 2014 rather than before July 1st 2014.

In July 2014 at least 8 Tesla Supercharger stations will go live in the US. That means on average 2 per week. Awesome.

It now looks like that the event of the 100th Tesla Supercharger station to go live in the US will take place after July 1st 2014 rather than before July 1st 2014.

In July 2014 at least 8 Tesla Supercharger stations will go live in the US. That means on average 2 per week. Awesome.

It looks like there is a pretty good chance that Tesla will hit 100 North American Superchargers in early July. The problem is that the Tesla Supercharger Map shows over 200 by the end of 2014. To turn on 104 Superchargers in 26 weeks, means that Tesla needs to turn on about 4 Superchargers a week the rest of the year in North America. I would love to see that, but I am not holding my breath!

It looks like there is a pretty good chance that Tesla will hit 100 North American Superchargers in early July. The problem is that the Tesla Supercharger Map shows over 200 by the end of 2014. To turn on 104 Superchargers in 26 weeks, means that Tesla needs to turn on about 4 Superchargers a week the rest of the year in North America. I would love to see that, but I am not holding my breath!

"The problem is that the Tesla Supercharger Map shows over 200 by the end of 2014."

Are you sure? Did you count them?

"The problem is that the Tesla Supercharger Map shows over 200 by the end of 2014."

Are you sure? Did you count them?

I did a quick count and got 211 for North America by the end of 2014; it's probably +/-2 or so. What is your count?

From today's map at Supercharger | Tesla Motors:
2014-SC.jpg

I did a quick count and got 211 for North America by the end of 2014; it's probably +/-2 or so. What is your count?

From today's map at Supercharger | Tesla Motors:
View attachment 52535

Wow, this surprises me actually. I thought that there would be a little over 200 at the end of 2015. But this is even better.

No, I did not count the red dots on the US map.

But I did count the red dots on the Winter 2014-2015 map of Europe though. It's 132, and 32 of them are in Germany alone.

Sigh, the month of June just wasted away with only 4 SCs activated. Not only did the warmer weather not result in a burst of activity, it signaled a near standstill. I'm beginning to believe that Tesla has depriortized SC activity. 125 SCs by year's end is starting to look optimistic.

I wonder if they put SC activity on hold while negotiating with possible Supercharger Network partners? That would be a huge mistake. Tesla needs to build the network out as fast as they can to continue showing leadership.

Based on the detected permitting activity, I think we can expect about 2 new North American stations per week in July and August. That's faster than it has been, but still not fast enough to reach Tesla's 2014 goal.

I agree. To get 104 Superchargers in 26 weeks (1/2 year), means 4 Superchargers a week. If we take rough, average numbers of 4-5 weeks to approve and 4-5 weeks to build, then we should see 16 to 20 Superchargers in the permitting/approval process, and 16-20 Superchargers under construction at a time. We are not seeing anything like that. There are probably some applications that are not on our radar, and even a few construction sites not identified yet, but unless Tesla ramps up soon, there is no way we will see 200 Superchargers in North America this year.

OTOH, #100 should happen any day now. 99 should happen this week; will 100 happen this week as well?

I agree. To get 104 Superchargers in 26 weeks (1/2 year), means 4 Superchargers a week. If we take rough, average numbers of 4-5 weeks to approve and 4-5 weeks to build, then we should see 16 to 20 Superchargers in the permitting/approval process, and 16-20 Superchargers under construction at a time. We are not seeing anything like that. There are probably some applications that are not on our radar, and even a few construction sites not identified yet, but unless Tesla ramps up soon, there is no way we will see 200 Superchargers in North America this year.

OTOH, #100 should happen any day now. 99 should happen this week; will 100 happen this week as well?

Which one is 99?

It's a 4-way toss up. Indio, Wickenburg, Cordes, and Salina are in the running to be #99 and #100.

Last week the Salina team had a very strong goal to be done and powered up before the 4th, so I consider Salina the most likely to be #99.

What's your call for #100?

Looks like the remaining three (Indio, Wickenburg and Cordes) are just missing transformers. Just comes down to the race of who's got the more responsive utility company? I'm going to randomly choose Indio.

Looks like the remaining three (Indio, Wickenburg and Cordes) are just missing transformers. Just comes down to the race of who's got the more responsive utility company? I'm going to randomly choose Indio.

I'm thinking Indio also... Latest pics appear to show its complete except for the transformer. The estimate given a few weeks back by the crew would put completion this week... What is the utility in Indio? SCE?

Both Cordes Junction (there are no "lakes" anywhere near there...) and Wickenburg look to be at about the same stage, and are also possible for this week, although one of the updates indicated that the transformer could take up to 12 weeks to be delivered. The utility for both sites is APS, so hopefully they are both queued up for quick install...