Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100th Supercharger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With #98 now active it looks like my original prediction of March or April is about to come to fruition. Any guesses on the next 100? Earlier in this thread I predicted 5 months after the first 100. I'm going to stick with that prediction. Hopefully we will see #200 by the end of September. This is probably optimistic but I'm sticking with it, for now.

With #98 now active it looks like my original prediction of March or April is about to come to fruition. Any guesses on the next 100? Earlier in this thread I predicted 5 months after the first 100. I'm going to stick with that prediction. Hopefully we will see #200 by the end of September. This is probably optimistic but I'm sticking with it, for now.

These are the US locations under construction:
  • Albany, NY
  • Beaver, UT
  • Gila Bend, AZ
  • Hamilton Marketplace, NJ
  • Roseville, CA
  • San Juan Capistrano, CA
  • Woodbridge, VA

Not sure which of those are farther along than the rest or if any European locations will be turned on in the meantime.

According to the Supercharger Status Page, we have 98 active Superchargers world wide with 10 under construction and 10 in the planning stage. It looks like we are about to blow through the 100th Supercharger world wide in the very near future. I predict it will happen this month.

For North America, there are 84 active with 8 under construction and 9 in the planning stage; given history, there are probably a few more out there under construction that we don't know about. This total is already over a 100. My guess is that we will hit 100 active North American Superchargers in June; that's only a couple of months away! :biggrin:

Just saw on the Facebook Model S Owners page, a claim that the 100th supercharger opens at 425 Market Place Blvd., Hamilton Township, NJ 08691, on 22 April.
So far I haven't been able to find the source, but here's the clip that was posted:
10271507_10152725380685828_4396807128760443434_n.jpg

Yes but thats not technically accurate. It's counting San Juan Capistrano, CA. But as far as Tesla is concerned it doesn't have an official page, not on the Supercharger map and I don't believe its in the in-car navigation yet. I believe we should use Tesla as the source.

Tough question, and a fuzzy boundary. Last winter, there was a Supercharger (in Indiana, I think) on the Tesla Web Page and in the car's navigation, but it was not operational.

I use Supercharge.Info because it uses the threshold of actual charging as evidence. Besides using actual charging as a threshold, Supercharge.Info keeps a nice log under their "changes" tab, therefore it is what I use for my "Superchargers Completed" by month chart. In reality, the difference is rarely more than a day or two, not worth arguing about...

BTW, 90 (+/-) Superchargers in North America now. When will we hit 100? My guess was for June, but things seem to be accelerating; May is in the running. Thoughts?